BY AMERICAN #7 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Are you a fan of the American Red Cross?6 Answers
  • My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing cha...51 Answers
  • Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?44 Answers
American Red Cross
  • "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
  • "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
  • "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
  • "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
  • "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Tanisha T.
Calumet City, IL
I will always support this organization for they have helped me in the past when I needed the help. They are very kind people and do not discriminate when it comes to helping people. Now that I can donate back I have chosen to do it with this organization. Me and my kids will forever be grateful for helping us.
Tanya A.
Bennington, NE
This is truly a top notch organization...you cannot go wrong by supporting it. Such a wide variety of helpful causes, and they're always so active in the community. I honestly have not heard bad things about ARC. If I have, I don't remember it, and it must not have been very noteworthy!! They help so many people!
Brenda G.
Reyno , AR
I am going
to say this is a great thing to give blood and plasma. If you can my Daughter gives every time she can and has a card that say how many lives she may have saved. I gave a few times and I tried again but my veins are so bad that I cannot give any more. My Son's have donated when they have a chance.
Melissa Y.
Seeing how I love needles and helping people out, when given the opportunity I always try and donate my blood. Even if you don't donate your blood and you just volunteer through this program, you're helping a lot of people and you could even be helping yourself later down the road if god forbid something ever happens.
Brittney E.
Salida, CA
The American Red Cross is an amazing organization that helps people all over the world. I am thankful that they give opportunities to donate and help in any way we can. I donate blood and learned that one donation can help up to three different people! Next I'll be back to donate platelets
Natasha  S.
Portland, OR
Giving blood at the Red Cross is something I absolutely love doing. However, there are a lot of restrictions and parameters for one's vital signs. But knowing that every donation can help save up to several lives is such a rewarding feeling!
Cécile F.
Leesburg, VA
Got my first aid training by them. It wasn't boring (my very first one was EXTREMELYboring and not entertaining, just a guy talking for hours...)
But I've got to practice on fake mannequin, we had some situation to handle with others participant. It was really instructive and entertaining but in a way that you can actually learn something.
Great experience, and I'll do it again because I think everyone should be able to practice first aid.
Chantelle W.
Spokane, WA
I donate blood on the regular and so does my sister. They call us every so often and ask us to donate again. I'm a organ donor and I'm always there to help people in need. I want to be a nurse when I'm older. I've always had a loving soul and when people need medical help, I want to be their bag of blood.
Kaylee S.
Marietta, GA
My aunt works for the American Red Cross so I've always had a special place for this organization in my heart. I started donating blood at 19 and I wish I could do it more often. I got a tattoo in March so I have to wait a year, but as soon as I can, I'm going back because I love the feeling you get know that your ONE donation and less than an hour of your time helps save THREE people's lives. There's nothing more amazing!
Brittany D.
antioch, TN
I give blood to the red cross every 8 weeks. It is a great cause! You can donate for a specific person if you anticipate having surgery or to the general supply. I am O pos and they are constantly in need. If you are able to donate, give life! It is fast and easy, plus, you get a snack afterward, haha.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do you donate blood?
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
MiiMii E.
Allentown, PA
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
kendra h.
Knoxville, TN
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Michelle F.
Conway, AR
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?