BY AMERICAN #10 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Are you a fan of the American Red Cross?6 Answers
  • My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing cha...51 Answers
  • Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?44 Answers
American Red Cross
  • "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
  • "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
  • "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
  • "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
  • "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Briana R.
Conway, SC
I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so. I have low iron, so I can't always give, but they always thanked me for coming by. The only problem I have is that they call me all the time, because I have O- (the universal donor) but that doesn't bother me so much. They're just doing their job, and they're great at it!
ashley s.
Saint Louis, MO
I think it's a good idea to donate cause you never know when your gonna need it. I thank all the blood and plasma donors cause thrubheloed my brother alot.. Thsts why now to this day i always try to donate. It only takes a hour to two hours but your saving at least two or more lives with just one pint of your blood.
Kayla H.
Every time I've donated I gave a good expirence, it's easy, doesn't take a lot of time, and everyone is very professional. I am o- so it is very important to give back because if I ever needed blood the only type I could receive is o- though o- couls be given to any blood type. I recently requested a donor card to make my trips donating a little faster and received it in the mail with in a week. please go donate! You will save lives doing so.
Nicole R.
Idaho Falls, ID
I donated for the first time in December. It was well worth it.
I donated blood, I thought it was going to be scary. But the nurses whom take
your blood are awesome and very nice. The finger prick is the worst part.
You can save up to 3 lives with just one donation. I think that is amazing.
I will defiantly donate again. I have my donation card and every thing.
They are also very kind about you donating they give you a call and a letter.
Cécile F.
Leesburg, VA
Got my first aid training by them. It wasn't boring (my very first one was EXTREMELYboring and not entertaining, just a guy talking for hours...)
But I've got to practice on fake mannequin, we had some situation to handle with others participant. It was really instructive and entertaining but in a way that you can actually learn something.
Great experience, and I'll do it again because I think everyone should be able to practice first aid.
Natasha  S.
Portland, OR
Giving blood at the Red Cross is something I absolutely love doing. However, there are a lot of restrictions and parameters for one's vital signs. But knowing that every donation can help save up to several lives is such a rewarding feeling!
Jenny M.
Cherry Hill, NJ
My only experience with Red Cross is through blood and plasma donation. Your donation is either awesome or horrible depending on the people working that day.

Recently Red Cross has added a Rapid Pass system which allows you to answer all the computer questions in your own home- cutting down on the donation time. They also have an awesome app for smart phones which allow you to book appointments, track your donation and so much more.
Lisa C.
Middle Grove, NY
My family and I donate blood every three months and we have been doing it for years. One of my family members was save twice by having blood transfusions. I am so grateful to the anonymous donors who donated the blood that saved his life. Donating doesn't take too long, and they are always very nice. My family and I also volunteer at blood drives. The organization is wonderful thanks to all the kind and caring people who donate blood!
Tanisha T.
Calumet City, IL
I will always support this organization for they have helped me in the past when I needed the help. They are very kind people and do not discriminate when it comes to helping people. Now that I can donate back I have chosen to do it with this organization. Me and my kids will forever be grateful for helping us.
Kati W.
Chelsea, AL
I had to do my Master's thesis on the ARC. It is amazing what they do in the US and in other countries that is not advertised. I highly recommend going to their website and looking through their annual report. Its an interesting read. The ARC has always been great to the state of Alabama when disastrous tornadoes hit, with a quick response and helping hand. Can't say enough good things about the work they do on a daily basis.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do you donate blood?
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
MiiMii E.
Allentown, PA
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
kendra h.
Knoxville, TN
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Michelle F.
Conway, AR
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?