BY AMERICAN #10 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Are you a fan of the American Red Cross?6 Answers
  • My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing cha...51 Answers
  • Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?44 Answers
American Red Cross
  • "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
  • "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
  • "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
  • "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
  • "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Annie C.
Fargo, ND
The Red Cross was there for my best friend when they lost their house to a fire. The first couple days they were there for the necessities like food and clothes and a place to stay. It's amazing we have an organization for individuals in times of need as well as these huge events going on. Thankful they took care of my best friend.
Ashley S.
This organization is more than blood drives. What I like is there door to door service to pick up needed goods. As long as everything is bagged out front, they will stop and grab it without having to knock on the door. They look for more than just clothes too, but household goods which puts into perspective what you would need if something happened to you and your home. I love knowing that everything I donate is going to a family in need. The tax write off is nice too!
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
American Red Cross helps out so many people every year. If there is ever an organization that I'm willing to donate to, it's ARC! They're always willing to help however they can, supplying food and clothing to those in need and helping victims of emergency situations with housing by putting them in shelters or hotel rooms. They are truly a blessing to those in need!
Maureen H.
Lompoc, CA
The American Red Cross is such a fantastic organization that helps so many people! I usually go through them to do my Healthcare Professional CPR training as well and all of the classes are well organized, the instructors are wonderful, and the information is presented fantastically. Great place to donate to! Keep them going!
Christina R.
Petersburg, MI
I think the American Red Cross is an amazing thing, it's not just about people donating blood, but actually reaching out around the US and helping in times of need, when you can't go to a certain state to physically help it's okay to donate, that is still a huge help and means just as much to the people that receive the help.
L'2 G.
Garland, TX
Great organization!!! Many years ago we were recipients of their 1st on the scene response. They took care of everything from where you lay your head to clothing and meals throughout the day. We were allowed the autonomy to choose where and what our family needed with their provision. Can't say enough about them. No used items or hand me downs!!! Excellent place to contribute to. Saw 1st hand money is put to great use---to those in need!
Melissa T.
Atmore, AL
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
The Red Cross is so much more than donating blood! They are the first call to for help when there is a home fire and a family is displaced. They assist then with securing a hotel room and paying for it, clothing items, and food. They take caste of every last detail in these situations and so many others! A very worthwhile program to donate to!
megan m.
Phoenix, AZ
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I cant say enough praises to the red cross. When my father-in-law was diagnosed with cancer, we contacted the red cross to help get his nephew who was like a son to him, home to be with the family. We were unsure how long he was going to last and the red cross made the trip for him home easy and stress free. It touched my heart how hard they worked to get him home to say goodbye. without them I don't think it would have been possible.
Briana R.
Conway, SC
I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so. I have low iron, so I can't always give, but they always thanked me for coming by. The only problem I have is that they call me all the time, because I have O- (the universal donor) but that doesn't bother me so much. They're just doing their job, and they're great at it!
Nicole R.
Idaho Falls, ID
I donated for the first time in December. It was well worth it.
I donated blood, I thought it was going to be scary. But the nurses whom take
your blood are awesome and very nice. The finger prick is the worst part.
You can save up to 3 lives with just one donation. I think that is amazing.
I will defiantly donate again. I have my donation card and every thing.
They are also very kind about you donating they give you a call and a letter.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do you donate blood?
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
MiiMii E.
Allentown, PA
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
kendra h.
Knoxville, TN
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Michelle F.
Conway, AR
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?