BY AMERICAN #7 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Are you a fan of the American Red Cross?6 Answers
  • My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing cha...51 Answers
  • Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?44 Answers
American Red Cross
  • "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
  • "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
  • "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
  • "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
  • "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Cathy Z.
Lansing, IL
Have been dealing with Red Cross for years. As a Girl Scout leader, we are required to have someone certified in child/adult CO and First Aud. I have taken many trainings with them. I have also shopped on their site for a first aid kit and reusable CPR merchsndise. I think they are a great organization that has helped many people in crisis toi.
Emily G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
What an amazing organization! My husband and I had a death in our family and We had just moved to a new duty station They helped arrange discount flights and other help getting us back home for my father in laws funeral . They don't understand how much we appreciate the help. It was beyond a blessing to have the Red Cross available our my family.
Nikki A.
These are so great for anyone needing blood and donating is so easy. I usually go to my old high school or college campus to donate. You may have to make an appointment but they're super friendly and not their to make the experience painful. There's a lot of people who could use blood. So please take time out of your busy schedule and donate!?
Jessie V.
Emporia, KS
In October of 2011 my home burned down. As I stood in my driveway watching the firefighters work I was approached by a wonderful man from the American Red Cross. The fire wasn't even extinguished and he was there to help. The American Red Cross was so helpful and supportive in my time of need. They provided us with items to get through the night, a gift card to purchase additional items, and lots of support. I'm so thankful that there is an organization like this one!
carey b.
I have actually had to turn to them for help before. My children and I were in 3 hurricanes when we lived in Florida years back. I don't know what we would have done without them. They passed out water, and food etc. There was nothing at the grocery stores and we couldn't drink the tap water. No electricity so no ac. They are the best!!!!
Taylor F.
Great organization that you only ever hear positive things about. I loved what they do for families in need helping them with food, clothing, and shelter. They're always one of the first charities to show up after a hurricane or other weather related disaster. The Red Cross even has blood drives in my area for people to donate blood.
Megan S.
I can't donate blood because I have anemia but I know a lot of people who do. There was a kid who passed away right before I graduated high school who donated a lot of blood everyone there was a blood drive and then some. Even though he's gone I help find as many people with his mind and spirit to donate because 1 pint can save 3 lives.
Ashley L.
Inver Grove, MN
I know what the red cross does is great and they often help people in need but I've had a bad experience while at a blood drive where the worker was actually yelling at me first for not having my ID ready and then later because my heartbeat was too fast. You're yelling at me of course my hearts beating fast! I was so shocked that I refuse to help them anymore, I'd prefer to donate to my local memorial blood bank because their workers are always much more pleasant.
Velma G.
Bismarck, ND
Years ago when I was a little girl a flood came through & completely wiped out our home .. we lost everything and red Cross came and basically rescued us.. they gave us food & clothes and I remember being so grateful for what they were able to do and provide for me and my family in our time if need.. such an amazing thing.. thank you.
May K.
San Rafael, CA
While I love this organization, I am not happy about the way they have diverted funds on numerous occasions, which I find unacceptable if they are explicitly soliciting funds for a particular crisis. NPR did a hair raising report that made me question their practices in general as well, such as poor planning, excessive food waste, and other inadequacies. I do not give to them any more as I feel they are now too much of a bureacracy and have strayed from their mission goals.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do you donate blood?
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
MiiMii E.
Allentown, PA
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
kendra h.
Knoxville, TN
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Michelle F.
Conway, AR
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?