BY AMERICAN #10 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Are you a fan of the American Red Cross?6 Answers
  • My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing cha...51 Answers
  • Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?44 Answers
American Red Cross
  • "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
  • "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
  • "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
  • "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
  • "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Delaney S.
Reading, PA
Most of my childhood was spent volunteering with the local Red Cross and that's something I really proud of. We did car washes, packages canned goods to be sent to shelters, walked dogs at the Animal Rescue League and so much more. My favorite trip was visiting an elderly home and making Christmas cards with them. Seeing them light up was really special to me and I'll always remember that. I even got my baby'sitting certificate at the Red Cross! They offer so much to so many people and I am so grateful to have been a part of that.
Kelly G.
Kirksville, MO
Good Samaritan Expert Level 3
My family is forever grateful for the assistance we needed after hurricane katrina. We were displaced as our apartment was destroyed. We lost everything including our jobs as our place of employment was also destroyed. The red cross helped us by providing us with the funds to relocate and to buy some essentials along with other resources. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.
Leyna J.
Woodstock, GA
I work very closely with the ARC and host blood drives for my job. They provide phenomenal support and what they do for the community is amazing. In ATL where I am located there is a constant need for blood. Our RC chapter keeps us up to date on events and how to best be a part of the community needs.
N. Y.
I have taken classes and donated blood to American Red Cross. There workers are friendly and are very willing to answer any questions. I'm pretty sure I asked about 30 question when I was giving blood, the procedure only takes a few minutes, but the guy taking my blood answered everyone of my questions. He made me feel very comfortable and he definitely new his stuff.
I also became certified in CPR/AED and first aid, great class, there was a lot to learn, but because its hands on it makes it a lot easier to pick up and remember. Great Staff!!!
Nicole C.
Brick, NJ
During super storm sandy a friend of mine lost her house. She asked the red cross for help but in response the red cross said "I already gave you a blanket and a flashlight, what else do you need." The CEO of the red cross makes $651957.00 a year. The Sandy benefit shoe raised $202 Million. But no one seems to know where the money went except blankets and flashlights.
Jessica G.
Wichita Falls, TX
This organization does much more than provide blood drives. When my husband was deployed, his grandfather passed away. They helped me get a hold of my husband. They also started a case file that would allow my husband to get emergency leave to attend his grandfather's funeral. They were constantly providing me updated information on how the case file was moving along. After my husband arrived, they even called to see how he was doing. I'm so thankful for their help and donate my time/blood/money when ever I can. :)
Lauline G.
My mom got me into volunteering with the American Red Cross since I was a child. Whatever I could do, I would do it. I even ended up supporting the Red Cross by purchasing a set number of bracelets to hand out to party goers at my large sweet sixteen and donated all proceeds from the bracelets (in addition to any funds we received as donations too). It's a great organization and does great work!
Daisy L.
This organization trains people to do remarkable things for one another in times of despair and need. I just love hearing good news from this organization because they s always know how to cheer a struggling person up by changing their lives, via it being learning a new skill, providing aid, or providing the materials for self-aid. This group teaches us to respect ourselves, our land, and our neighbors and unite us closer especially when times get rough. It's like religion and education with a twist.
Diane L.
I am all for the American Red Cross.

It's been a while but when my sister's family was affected by hurricane Katrina, American Red Cross was there to help.

It was a debasing time. We were not able to contact her for days. My brother in law refused to leave his house in fear of looters or robbery. They slept holding a gun for protection. No electricity or clean water and gas for days. In addition, not knowing how her kids were doing since they were all spread out in Louisiana.

Thank you for all that you do.
Natalie M.
What an amazing Organization I remember when I was 18 and up to Florida and I was in hurricane Andrew and they helped out an in Normas amount of things to them we have food we were able to eventually get shelter again and help and it was just overwhelming at bedtime to have hopit was a lot going on a very busy but I can say that Red Cross is amazing organization
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do you donate blood?
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
MiiMii E.
Allentown, PA
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
kendra h.
Knoxville, TN
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Michelle F.
Conway, AR
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?