BY AMERICAN #7 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Are you a fan of the American Red Cross?6 Answers
  • My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing cha...51 Answers
  • Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?44 Answers
American Red Cross
  • "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
  • "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
  • "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
  • "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
  • "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Leidy daliza R.
Doral, FL
A great American organization that helps so many every single year.  I have witnessed this first hand with storm cleanups and placement of people due to storms.  This is a great organization that does so much for people and families.  A proud supporter....
Casandra F.
Most people don't realize how many services are offered by the American Red Cross. The Red Cross works on a global scale to help alleviate suffering around the clock. American Red Cross volunteers/employees are stationed around the world for short and long terms periods to 1) Deliver Health and Safety courses 2) Provide assistance during times of disaster 3) Deliver emergency communications to service members around the world. 4) Provide volunteer opportunities and training to diverse communities. Love the Red Cross!
Diana P.
I love this organization since they're all about saving lives. I'm an aspiring Physician Assistant and I want to help people, and save their life. I donate blood to this organization twice a year at my college campus. You should donate blood, and save a life it's a good feeling knowing that someone is surviving because of you.
Nicole B.
Longlevens , Gloucester
I donate every 90 days and I sign up right on the spot after I donated blood which makes it convenient I choose! I just donated during the week of the 4th of July and I received a free shirt for donated when others normally don't.
Donating blood is a very easy and quick process to help someone out your not giving away a leg and your body makes more blood to replace what you just lost so your really not loosing anything. I am so glad I do this and save a life!
Dina C.
Hamilton, ON
I was an instructor for the Canadian Red Cross and I can say it was a truly worthy place to work, knowing how I was helping people to save lives was one of the most gratifying jobs I ever worked, truly do miss the people and the great feeling I had coming to and leaving work every day!

Keep up the amazing work you do world wide, it does not go unnoticed
Nathalie L.
Donating blood is giving life to another person who might have cancer, congenital disease such pyruvate kinase deficiency or being involve in an accident. Often young child need it to live so its important to give blood.
Brisley B.
West Jordan, UT
Going to a young kids club once that came and learned about the Red Cross and helped out in disaster events was one of the best things! The people are so fun, enthusiastic, and so friendly! Always willing to help out with anything you need. The people to do the hard work don't get enough credit for what they do!
Adrienne S.
APO, AE
With being an Army spouse I have seen what the American Red Cross does to help out the military first hand! When there is a tragedy with a soldier the American Red Cross is who we go through when we need to get messages out to our loved ones when we're not able to. The ARC helps the military immensely!
Mele P.
Brisbane, QLD
During the floods my family was helped by the red cross. They donated so much things to our town and we will be forever grateful. I also volunteered with them and I went around collecting donations for the red-cross and they are good at corresponding with their volunteers.
cynthia r.
Red cross very good organization.They help in many ways.They help us when we were in puerto rico .They helped when hugo hurricane came through and we didn't have water electricity food etc.I try to give back.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do you donate blood?
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
MiiMii E.
Allentown, PA
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
kendra h.
Knoxville, TN
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Michelle F.
Conway, AR
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?