American Red Cross
4.76 / 5 based on 1,564 Reviews
Top Questions See all 1,107 Q&A
American Red Cross
- "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
- "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
- "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
- "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
- "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
I loved working with the American Red Cross food pantries. I have been volunteering with them since 2013. I have not donated any items here, but have taken part in their food drives by helping to sort food and distributing it in their Boston centers.
My sisters have been a part of the Red Cross since 2013. They helped organising blood and food donations as well as finding home for the homeless. They are still a part of the Red Cross and I am so proud of them. :)
I think that they are doing a good job for the society. You see them collecting and funding for those who are suffering like for middle east or something. Sometimes though, I am skeptical because they ask you to pay them in any form. Even if you say that you would pay later because you don't have your card with you, they say that cash would be fine, so yeah.
In theory they have done a lot of good. I adore their blood donation program but I do not agree with how the deal with money, it's often diverted to administration costs rather than helping the people who need it.
As an ARC instructor and certification holder I value what the organization thrives to be. Disaster relief is on par but some aspects are very disorganized especially at the billing and computer systems levels.
It is a humanitarian association that provides disaster relief and emergency assistance. It provides donated blood to those who are in need of it. I have heard I offers cellular therapies as well to those who need
In a certified lifeguard by the American Red Cross, and I'm truly proud to say that this organization really helps others and does it with love. A great experience to also volunteer for their activities.
Red cross is an awesome charity, helping people all over the world and educating people, i recently learned my CPR with them and had an great experience learning life saving skills
A great American organization that helps so many every single year. I have witnessed this first hand with storm cleanups and placement of people due to storms. This is a great organization that does so much for people and families. A proud supporter....
Most people don't realize how many services are offered by the American Red Cross. The Red Cross works on a global scale to help alleviate suffering around the clock. American Red Cross volunteers/employees are stationed around the world for short and long terms periods to 1) Deliver Health and Safety courses 2) Provide assistance during times of disaster 3) Deliver emergency communications to service members around the world. 4) Provide volunteer opportunities and training to diverse communities. Love the Red Cross!
Q & A
Do you donate blood?
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos