American Red Cross
Top Questions See all 1,107 Q&A
American Red Cross
- "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
- "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
- "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
- "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
- "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
When people think about the Red Cross they think about donating blood or plasma, however the American Red Cross has so much more to offer and they always help in major disasters. They help with local fires, blood donations, and CPR training classes etc. They are are here to help with so much more than jus blood donations! I will continue to donate blood with them because they are a great organization that helps around the world but also the local community.
I try to donate blood at the American Red Cross center at least once a year. It’s always been a pleasant experience and the techs drawing the blood are always very professional. It may not be much to donate blood but I like to think it helps someone.
I donate blood to the American Red Cross every chance I get. I try to donate at least 3 times in a year if possible. I started donating in high school and I loved my experience with them. They were super helpful with explaining the process and making me feel comfortable before, during and after.
While I tend to have a tough time donating blood (I am slightly anemic), the Red Cross makes it super easy. They come to the building I work at, so all odd the employees can have a chance to donate without having to leave the office. When I am able to donate, they take great care of me!
This organization does great things but I’ve also heard firsthand stories of them leaving areas of crisis too soon. What they do to collect and provide blood products to hospitals is incredible. I just would like to see better feedback regarding their disaster relief efforts.
Over my lifetime, i have donated over a gallon of blood. I am a universal donor so i have been giving my much needed blood since i was old enough to donate. The Red Cross helps people in our country and not just internationally and i really like that because we need help too.
I love American red cross, I dont donate blood but my husband does, and it's an amazing thing for him to do, to help save lives for those who get in accidents or just need the blood! It's also amazing they let you know how many people you saved after donating your blood! I think that's amazing!
The American Red Cross is a humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance, disaster relief, and disaster preparedness education in the United States. This is a great organization with great people! They go above and beyond for everyone.
This is a great charity. We donate every chance we get usually switching it up between a few different charities. This one has a great cause behind it and is worth looking into.
When I was able to donate blood regularly, I did. This organization does a lot of good things for the communities in which it works in. Whether it's through natural disaster relief or just blood donations, they do a whole lot of good for the world.
Q & A
Do you donate blood?
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos