American Girl (8-12) uploaded by amber B.

BY NONE #58 in Magazines & Newspapers

1 Year, 6 issues - American Girl Magazine is the age-appropriate alternative to teen magazines created especially for girls ages 8 and up. Always spirited, wholesome, and fun, it's the magazine that lets girls be girls. Each issue is packed with fun & friendship, party plans, crafts, real girls' stories, and quizzes and contests. Parent's Choice and EdPress award winner. see more...

• What American Girl doll did you have? 6 Answers
  • For the quality, I don't mind supporting the magazine and...4 Answers
  • Anyone agree that its pricey?14 Answers
American Girl (8-12)
  • "I like this magazine because it sends a good message to young girls everywhere and does not give any inappropriate information or suggestive material. " in 11 reviews
Marquita S.
Richmond
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I remember this magazine when I was younger and the American Girl dolls. I didn't have a doll but my cousin adored them. I never had a subscription to the magazine, but read it whenever I could. I liked reading about the different dolls and the latest news.
Sarah M.
I was subscribed to this for the longest time and I loved it so much! It was always so much fun to get! I remember there being lots of fun games, activities, recipes, etc. included in this magazine. It wasn’t even about the dolls, it was about growing up and having fun! Such a great magazine , I will definitely have to get it if I ever have a daughter
Shelby W.
Portland, OR
Bookworm Expert Level 1
A good magazine if you have an American Girl doll or are thinking about getting one. My sister had one and had the magazine, and it helped her see what was coming out soon and different ways to dress and interact with her doll.
Ivy M.
El Paso, TX
This was my favorite magazine growing up. I was a subscriber from 2002-2006, meaning I was well into my teens. I still read from time to time because I work with kids, I like to see things from their point of view. I love how the magazine is basically formed together by the girls themselves, and love the diversity in it.
Jessica V.
Jefferson Hls, PA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
My daughter is 8 and she gets this magazine. She loves the american girl stories and loves seeing all the new expensive items she can talk me into buying haha. But she loves looking at this magazine.
Jamee L.
Garden City, ID
Very sweet. This was another one I always anticipated, expected and loved when I was a kiddo. I even got to go to American Girl place and get my face on the cover with my most current american girl. I believe my grandma still subscribes to this herself.
Melissa T.
Atmore, AL
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I have purchased a subscription for niece's birthday for the past 6 or so years. Even at 15, she still loves getting it, and tries all the crafts and recipes that are in them. It is a great wholesome, self-esteem promoting magazine for tween and teen girls.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I loved receiving this magazine growing up! It had so many fun things in it and it made me feel so special getting a magazine in the mail just like my mom. It was definitely a great thing. I would recommend it.
Antumn M.
Nesbit, MS
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I used to be a fan of American girl when I was little. I now read American girls to my daughter, and she absolutely love Molly. I recommend reading American girls books to all little girls. ❤
Mary P.
Niskayuna, NY
The highlight of my month as a little girl was getting this magazine. I'm not sure how much the magazine format has changed, but I'm writing about it the way I remember. I loved all the stories about girls my age doing fun and exciting things, the kid-friendly recipes and craft ideas, and the opportunity to enter unique contests. Great magazine for a young girl!
Melissa T.
San Francisco, CA
Anyone agree that its pricey?
Kathryn C.
What American Girl doll did you have?
The-Exercist E.
For the quality, I don't mind supporting the magazine and paying a bit more. They're certainly putting the funds to good use.
E G.
Goshen, IN
Was anyone here ever featured in the magazine, either as a contest winner, Heart to Heart contributor, or other way? Just curious! :)