American Freight Furniture uploaded by Kelli D.

BY AMERICAN FREIGHT

American Freight Furniture
  • "It was a good deal but the quality of furniture was low and the customer service at the place was awful." in 1 review
  • "I have been to so many furniture stores and this one does have a great variety for a better price. " in 1 review
  • "My husband and I bought our entire living room set including, coffee table, end table, entertainment center, couch, and recliner, our 5 piece living room set, and a mattress and box spring here for about 1600! " in 1 review
Lisa P.
Evansville, IN
I went to American Freight sometime in the past two months looking for furniture. We need everything to fill a 2 story house that is not brown or oak, etc. Everything A.F. had was in the brown color spectrum except for leather furniture. Leather is not a choice because I slide right off no matter how I sit, lay or stand. Customer Service was perfect to me because there wasn't any. I like to look without a "hovering" sales person. It was bitter cold and the manager did offer coffee. You can't expect much from two guys unloading a truck in the bitter cold. I needed to sit down and I found a brown three-piece sectional that felt like a cloud. It was perfect! It was great quality with recliners on each end and some other great perks. It was reasonably priced at $2K. If I didn't have someone to keep me focused, I would have purchased it Outside of that, the rest of the furniture was not great The sofas' seats were too short, as was the backs of the sofas. It felt very odd, almost as similar to sitting at the pre-kindergarten desk. The mattresses were wrapped so thick in plastic and leaned against the wall. The plastic was so dirty you didn't dare to lay upon it and they didn't offer to unwrap it. To sum it up, they have some quality pieces, but you can get the same pieces at a good quality furniture store; after all, it really is "buying freight".

christie p.
If you need basic furniture in a hurry - go to the american freight in marietta. we picked out a lamp, a couch, a mattress set with a bed frame around 6 pm on a monday night - the stuff was delivered by 9 that night!!!! the stuff is not fancy (i think it came to around $800 total) but it is fine for a first apartment or for students...we didn't need any but it looked like they had really nice bureaus and coffee table/end table sets - cheaper than the assemble-yourself type at target! we were in a super rush with 24 hours to set up an apartment for our son - we couldn't have done it without american freight! i think it's a better deal than ikea because of the delivery time-frame...i also checked out 'rooms to go' - which was more expensive(especially the mattress sets) and not so quick on the delivery. the only thing american freight doesn't have is desks, TV consoles and shelving...but if you need a couch and mattress - check them out! they also have dinette sets for under $200...
Tiffany B.
Savannah, GA
Furniture is nice but the customer service was okay and the warranty people they affiliate with are the worst. Do not even bother to waste money on the warranty because they pretty much cover nothing. They will ask you a bunch of questions concerning what broke and then they will tell you they do not cover it. I got a king size bedroom suit and after a year a piece of the headboard which was this pretty decorative carving slab peeled off, they didn't cover that so my husband had to nail it back. They only gave us 3 wooden slats to hold up the bed....3 for a king sized bed? impossible. and they weren't even thick...My husband is 6'5 and 225 Lbs who is that holding up? AF replaced the slats with 4 skinnier slats which damn sure didn't last long. We don"t have wild jungle sex or anything... its but so much weight those lil slats can hold up. I have had so many incidents with these people and I will never recommend them to anyone. don't even waste your money. It'll only be a headache.
Rachael F.
Saline, MI
Keep in mind this fufniture is built to be affordable not long lasting. These are made with low cushioning so in 2-3 years or sooner your cushion will droop when you sit on them and your couch won't be comfortable, if you scrape up the extra cash I'd suggest going else where and paying a bit more for something that'll ladt. However if you redecoeate often or have kids maybe this is the way to go. We considered it but decided to buy from artvan and finance what we didn't have in cash so that we aren't having to make another furniture purchase for quite a while.
Lori B.
Pittsburgh, PA
My husband and I bought our first loveseat set from American Freight six years ago. We got a GREAT price--far less than more conventional furniture stores. A few years later we bought another loveseat from them for a different room. Selection and stock may be limited due to what happens to be available in that warehouse at the time, but you can't beat the prices!
Amanda W.
Erie, PA
I got the full house of furniture deal. You get a dining room table and chairs, a loveseat, sofa, two end tables, two lamps, a mattress, frame and headboard, a tall dresser, a nightstand, and a long dresser with a vanity mirror for 1,000 dollars. It was a good deal but the quality of furniture was low and the customer service at the place was awful.
Ben B.
Holt, MI
I'm not in the place I was when I bought from American Freight, but I LOVE that this place has really pretty nice furniture for prices attainable for college kids & young married couples! I think I spent less than $1000 to fill my house with furniture as a single guy right out of college. And the stuff lasted well into my 3rd apartment move.
Michael R.
Cynthiana
I have bought Furniter from this company two or three times my Daughter had and my ex wife has and I have got say it was a 5 star service very nice and very kind people and the didn't push u like some they helpet and look for what u want and trying to push somthing on u that u don't want so GOD BLESS UALL 1-859-226-0008
Valerie G.
Hamilton, OH
This place makes me want to buy all sorts of equipment I will probably never use. Airbrush? Got one! Tile saw? Got one! Orbital sander? Sure! Why not? It was only $13.00!

Now I can't speak to the safety of all of this equipment, or the durability really, but I still have all my fingers, and that's a win in my book.
Ashley T.
Jacksonville, FL
The quality of furniture ranges from decent to very good, it simply varies based on the pieces available at the time! I wasn't comfortable buying a couch from them, but absolutely our mattress set! Like all places, check it out well before investing in new furniture.