American Express uploaded by Desmona A.American Express uploaded by Krista c.American Express uploaded by Ibelice S.

BY AMERICAN EXPRESS #1 in Banks

American Express offers world-class Charge and Credit Cards, Gift Cards, Rewards, Travel, Personal Savings, Business Services, Insurance and more. see more...

• I'm looking to get a credit card to build credit, how is ...3 Answers
  • Does this card offer any specials/deals for travel. Like ...6 Answers
  • Are these cards worth the higher interest rates? Lowkey w...4 Answers
American Express
  • "Ive had some issues with customer service when I called, but after speaking to a couple of agents, my issue was resolved quickly and efficiently." in 10 reviews
Dinah B.
Windsor
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have had my AMEX card for almost 20 years.  I actually have a Delta Skymiles AMEX so I get points toward free airline tickets.  I used to complain about the higher interest rate than other cards (although I pay my balance so it should really not be a big deal), but a few years back I was in Paris and was pickpockets.  All my money (except 1 penny), credit cards, passport, driver's license...everything was taken.  I was devastated.  I called AMEX and they gave me an address in Paris to go to.  When I arrived at the small office, there was an emergency AMEX card already on the counter waiting for me.  It saved my trip.  I will never complain about interest rates again.  A bonus is when I purchase airline tickets, there is no baggage fee if the purchase is made with the AMEX card.
Crystal K.
I use American Express for my business purposes. I like the cash back option instead of travel miles that so many other cards offer. I like that I get cash back for gas, Verizon, office Max and the best one was HP. There are many more but those are my main uses. As a wedding photographer these are literally the best cash back options I could hope for. I travel all the time for work, I need ink and photo paper on a regular basis, Verizon has the best coverage for my needs and I purchase my laptops from HP. My one complaint is that the fees for businesses are higher than others so there are businesses and gas stations that won't accept American Express.
Shivani P.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
American Express is a wonderful credit card to have! We have the Delta Skymiles credit card and I love all the benefits we get from it. American Express does a great job at keeping my cards safe from suspicious usage, keeping bills safe and organized, and even providing lots of perks and benefits, such as additional rental car insurance or discounts/cash back at popular stores. Pairing it with delta is an added bonus for my parents, since their Medallion statuses become stronger using this card. I have always enjoyed using this card and will recommend it to anyone!
Amanda W.
El Paso, TX
I have 3 different American Express cards. I have one through my bank, one with Delta, and one with Macy’s. On all three I am able to earn different rewards. They all offer online bill pay along with e- billing. I really prefer paperless billing. I wish I could see all the bills when I log into my American Express app but I guess since I got them from different companies that isn’t possible. I love American Express and will use them in the future and reccomend them as my credit card of choice to friends and family!
Candace H.
Mt Washington, KY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I’ve been using the AMEX Delta Platinum Card for two years now and it’s been great. I use it for all of my expenses and pay it in full every month. With doing that, they have increased my limit consistently every quarter and i can use it to purchase literally anything myself and my family may need. The fact that I get to be rewarded through my Delta Skymiles account too, makes this the perfect card for my family! We can redeem those miles each year for our family vacations’
Rebecca N.
Savannah
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My husband and I have an American Express card that has delta rewards. We like using it on vacation and for emergencies. It came in handy this past summer when we had to evacuate for hurricane Irma. The perks are nice because we like to travel and visit family in Chicago. The only con I have is it is not accepted everywhere. Which was not helpful when my dog got really sick while we were evacuated... so I wouldn’t use this as an only source for back up.
Kristen W.
Oklahoma City
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
American Express is not my first card that I grab for when I reach for my credit cards. They do have some benefits that are good like purchase protection which is nice if you are buying larger items.

Mainly the reason I don’t use them first is because I find their service to be poor and I don’t like giving them my business when other card companies are much more helpful to me and my family when we need them.
Christine W.
Atlanta
American Express is awesome. They definitely
Live up to all the hype. Customer Service is truly the best of any financial institution or credit card provider there is. They genuinely appreciate you as a customer and will go out of their way to make sure you’re happy. Points are great, and I like all the reward options. Highly recommend using AMEX as your premier card provider.
Maria H.
Richmond , VA
American Express does tend to have better perks than say a regular Visa, Discover or MasterCard as it appears they are more selective as to who they extend credit to. The only downfall the card had which is not nearly as common anymore, was the some businesses would not take the card! So, you’d have to have better credit to qualify for this card then some merchants wouldn’t even take the form of payment. I think this is due to the extra numbers in the card and the “code” being longer than the other cards where they were the same amount of numbers. Maybe it’s because of the new chip and businesses having to update their credit card machines because I rarely run into the issue of “sorry, we don’t take American Express” anymore.
Cat D.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My rewards with this card are pretty good. Mine is a Bloomingdales America Express. I get points for every dollar I spend. And when I shop at Bloomingdales I get huge rewards. Only problem with this card is that after the first year my apt sky rocketed to 29.9%. Which makes it almost pointless,  because now I only use it for the Bloomingdales rewards.
Latanya C.
Merrillville, IN
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Have you used your rewards?
Dani H.
Sylvania, OH
Does this card offer any specials/deals for travel. Like spend a certain amount and redeem the points for airfare/hotels?
Azra K.
Albany, NY
Are these cards worth the higher interest rates? Lowkey want to be a black card member but that's not happening lolll
vidya T.
Toronto, ON
Does anyone hold more than one AMEX product?
Hannah M.
Olympia, WA
I'm looking to get a credit card to build credit, how is this one? Pros? Cons?