Fight World Hunger Through These 5 Organizations
American Cancer Society
4.85 / 5 based on 791 Reviews
Top Questions See all 33 Q&A
American Cancer Society
- "I never had anyone in my family (the ones that I know of) to lose their life to cancer or to battle with cancer and I'm grateful for that but it's sad to see so many people from babies to adults having to deal with this and so many the battles that the fight head on to let cancer know they not going down without a fight ." in 23 reviews
- "My mom had lung cancer and every year since then The American Cancer Society sponsors a walk forcancer patients in our area." in 19 reviews
- "Just like Relay for Life ACS who sponsors Relay to raise money to find a cure for cancer, such an amazing organization I enjoy working with annually!" in 14 reviews
- "coming from a family with loved ones who died from the battle if cancer..i support this charity to the moon and back.it is a very hearty support to those who are still on the battle and those who are supporting a family member with cancer" in 11 reviews
- "So many loved ones have been affected by cancer and the American cancer society is a great organization to raise awareness and find a cure. " in 11 reviews
I've been a volunteer for this organization for about 15 years and I donate every chance I get. They are a great non profit organization and the money helps with so much research as well as to help others. I'm sure we know someone personally or in our lives that have been affected by cancer. This is a great way to give back and help others.
I have a ton of respect for the American cancer society. They are honest about where donations go (when many charities are not), and the majority of the donations that they receive goes towards research and helping the family is affected by this disease. I have supported this organization for many years and will continue to do so, as anything I can do to help those affected is worth it.
I think this is a fantastic organization.The American Cancer Society is a nationwide voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service. I really like that some schools are also getting involved with this organization. When I was in High School my teacher would always keep a box on her desk for collecting donations.
I have had several family members that have died from cancer and many others who are survivors. An organization that raises awareness and funds for cancer research is one that I will always be behind. To be able to walk or sponsor someone who is walking for such a great cause it refreshing. Awareness is key and this organization is doing just that.
This is an organization very near and dear to my heart. My grandmother passed away from ovarian cancer almost 3 years ago, and the ACS helped out my family so much during our difficult time. I try to be involved with this organization as much as possible and I hope to see the day where we finally beat cancer!
I donate every month to this society. My father in law passed away from cancer and also my grandfather had cancer too. I'm hoping we help fund and find a cure in the next five years! I have a feeling we are getting close!
Cancer runs in both sides of my family and i have friends that have lost some of their family from cancer. Every once in a while my city does walks to help spread awareness and help organizations by donating, and I try to help and attend the walks as often as I can to walk for those who can't.
I don't know too much about this company but I hope that they're doing good now you're putting the money towards research for cancer because cancer has become such an epidemic in this country again we really need to put more time and effort into finding a cure for it because taking too many lives
Cancer is a disease that is killing a lot of love ones. It is so important to donate to help find the cure of this terrible disease. I donate every year on tax season. An extra money and extra donation. I love doing it and I really hope that one day the cure of cancer is finally found
Hello everyone my mom has thyroid cancer category 4 and is very sad and emotional journey and I see how my mom suffers every day for 3years is not easy more for me because I live far away from here .and other that the support for the cure I say thank you so much
Q & A
Have you ever donated to the ACS?
Have you been involved with the ACS Relay For Life?
How has cancer impacted your life? Did your opinion of ACS change?
Do you know someone who is fighting, or has fought cancer?
Where is the charity located/
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos