American Apparel Nail Polish uploaded by Ehis M.American Apparel Nail Polish uploaded by Liv H.American Apparel Nail Polish uploaded by Khadeeja K.

BY AMERICAN APPAREL

• How many coats of this do you need for a solid color on your nails1 Answers
  • How is the quality of these nail colors? Are they thin?1 Answers
  • Whats your favorite nail color in this brand? 1 Answers
Liv H.
I love all my AA polishes. I'm hard on my nails, and they chip constantly. These last forever, aren't expensive, and they have tons cool shades. I used to buy one or two when I'd go shopping but their store closed so I turned to eBay and Amazon- or order from them online.
Kristen K.
I wear nail polish daily, with a good base/top coat and normally nail polishes last at least a week (sometimes 2-3) with only wear and tear around the edges.

American Apparel polishes only last like 2 to 3 DAYS before it starts chipping on me, with the same base/top coat. And, I mean majorrrr chips, like a third of the nail on multiple nails. (Basically, lifts and peels off)

I have weak nails, so I've had this happen on multiple occasions where my nail rips where the sides where my nail polish chipped off. So wasn't too pleased with that.

On the positive, if the formula works for you, they have a ton of color options. Formula is thinner, but the colors are opaque! The brush is also nice.

I have no problem with the packaging, except for on one polish, the entire brushhead came off of the cap. (A huge plastic piece glued to the brush). Seems like a one time thing, but worth a mention.

TLDR: I have 7-8 of these, and the formula unfortunately, just chips right off my nails. But tons of color options, OPAQUE colors.
Julia F.
Mahwah, NJ
I love these, especially because the pictures and the outside of the bottles are all true to color. They really show up like that on your nail. The pigmentation is great but you just have to make sure you shake it up a lot, and DON'T let them dry out, because they do easily! I have a bunch of colors, but I just bought the neon green, and it's honestly my new favorite nail polish I have (I have a lot, and I'm usually into darker colors or pinks, but this neon green is so perfect for summer!!). It stays on for a while, too. The only problem is that it's kind of liquid-y... not too thick, but the colors are really great. If you are thinking about trying these, definitely do it because you will be surprised how much you love the colors!
Andrea S.
I absolutely adore American Apparel's Nail Lacquer! It comes in the BEST colors (my favorites are Peacock, Factory Grey, and Poppy).

Overall, you get the quality of a much more expensive polish for half the price - What's not to love??
Catherine B.
Glendale , CA
These are great nail polishes. The packaging is super cute and you get a lot of product. They are very opaque so you don't need to keep coating on more layer. There are so many different shades to choose from and the formula isn't too thick or sticky
Alissa R.
Lynnwood, WA
I am a nail polish snob and I know how to properly apply polish. I liked american apparel's color selection, but you get what you pay for and in this case the polish is pretty, but it chips quickly. If you change your polish often and don't care about chips then you'd probably be okay with this polish. However, if you like a lasting polish you may want to explore other choices.
Rebecca V.
Ithaca, NY
As a die-hard Essie/OPI/Zoya purchaser, I was surprised to find that American Apparel polishes demonstrated similar or better quality in comparison to my usual buys. The polishes come in a good variety of colors, are very opaque overall, have a good consistency and creamy formula without being too thick, and are fairly chip-resistant. Great value for a good product.
Ashanti A.
Paramount, CA
It dries fast, only takes one coat, and usually lasts 3 or so days without chipping (unless you use a top-coat, then it lasts around a week). It also seems to have a much lower odor than a lot of other polishes.Overall, you get the quality of an expensive polish for half price .
Jessica I.
These nail polishes work very well. They lasted a very long time on mine. It went from 2, almost 3 weeks without a single chip, but it all depends on how well you take care of your nails.
Deb M.
Livermore, KY
These come in a great range of colors, dry fast, and some are one-coaters. I had to order mine since I don't live near a store, and several of my colors were separated and swirly in the bottle. I could never get them to look normal no matter how much I shook them either. That was my only complaint.
Liza P.
Triangle, VA
What's your favorite shade?
Jessica C.
Is it thick or do you have to apply multiple coats?
Libby H.
Phoenix, AZ
Does it apply opaque in two coats?
Lauren C.
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Has anyone else purchased these and the bottles broke really easily? I had two that broke at the top where it screws off. I was very disappointed.
Ashley S.
Vancouver, BC
What makes this nail polish better than drugstore nail polishes?