American Apparel  Lip Gloss uploaded by Amanda S.American Apparel  Lip Gloss uploaded by Noor A.American Apparel  Lip Gloss uploaded by Noor A.
American Apparel  Lip Gloss

• Is it worth 12.002 Answers
American Apparel  Lip Gloss
American Apparel Lip Gloss
christie p.
I have several of American Apparel's lip glosses (Topless, Cafe Au Lait, En Pointe, Intimate, and Pantytime) and Pantytime is my favorite. The color is a MLBB shade with just a whisper of edge/style/whatever you want to call it. It is something of a neutral pinky-coral, I would say. It is just bold enough to brighten up the face without being at all over-the-top. (The same cannot be said of all of American Apparel's glosses, which include some out-there shades--which are nonetheless very flattering, I might add.)

I am a quite pale, cool-toned person and this gloss looks very good with my coloring. That said, I think it would also suit someone warmer--it is, after all, a coral. I don't know how well it would show up on someone with darker coloring, but I imagine it could be a very nice uber-natural-look option.

The gloss is very thick, goopy, gloppy, and tacky. This gives it decent staying power (3-4 hours) but also means your hair will catch in it like nothing else. The AA glosses are designed to be pretty pigmented, so I think they had no choice but to formulate them like this. It feels like something between a gloss and a lacquer or liquid lipstick.

I really like American Apparel's glosses because I feel like the colors are in line with their aesthetic, which I find pleasing in general. Each gloss is also pigmented and bright enough that it can be an entire makeup look in one product, if you want. They are very buildable--one thin layer will give you a subtle barely-there tint and shine, while several thick layers will provide almost opaque pigmentation and a patent leather-like finish. So it ends up being a pretty versatile product. At $12 or 2/$20, it's not the cheapest, but far from the most expensive lip gloss out there.

American Apparel notoriously does not disclose the ingredient listing of these glosses online or in its literature. The product packaging is marked with the ingredients as per the law, but the writing is so tiny you would need a microscope to read it. That leaves me wondering what kind of toxic stuff is in here and whether or not I want it on my lips. For now, however, I'm choosing to remain ignorant, since I simply love the way these look.

By far the worst thing about these glosses is their packaging. The tubes are cheap and often allow the product to spew out of the top if there's the slightest air bubble or whatever. One of my tubes became unusable after about two months when the threaded part came off completely. But even when everything is completely intact, the gloss always seems to seep out of the tube somehow, inevitably leaving me with a sticky makeup bag and/or purse. It's incredibly annoying, and I don't see why they couldn't just put these in a decent package.
Wai Lin M.
American Apparel Lip Gloss are amazing! They are in the same theme with their clothing, which is offering a simple product in a variety range of color! It isn't particularly my favorite lip gloss but it is affordable. Not all colors are for me but you win some, you lose some right?
Asia S.
Bladensburg, MD
I use to love American Apparel's lip gloss. The colors would pop out with any outfit you chose to wear! It was sold at a great price and a lot of times they would be on sale! The only con I have about their lip gloss is that it doesn't stay on. You have to apply s new coat on every 20 minutes or so, which ultimately Makes you run out pretty quickly! I'm really disappointed they do not sell lip gloss anymore!
Stacey R.
Raleigh, NC
Is American Apparel serious with this? It is very clear that this is a cheaply manufactured lip gloss that they sell for $12 each. The pigments are awful, they are not long lasting, and they do not have an especially pleasant texture. These are lower than drugstore quality. If you want a good, inexpensive lip gloss, go for NYX butter glosses which are only $5
Jackie H.
In all honesty, this has got to be the WORST lip gloss I've ever used in my life! I got a free full-sized sample of the nude color. I'm so glad I didn't have to pay a single penny for this junk. The color was so opaque it just looked unnatural. On top of that, the formula was so sticky and had a horrible scent. I literally tossed the entire lip gloss into the trash after the first try. I would never purchase this product at my own will. You would be way better off going to the drugstore to get a lip gloss.
Lizeth H.
Moreno Valley, CA
I have to say that this is not my most favorite lip gloss. i got the two lightest nude shades on christmas sale because they were half off. I'm sooo in love with the color but it wears off very fast. it also smudges and even worst , its very ticky and becomes very uncomfortable to wear it.
Amy T.
I have the purple one on the right and no, it does not come out like that. It's actually a pretty shade with a hint of violet that's pretty flattering. I think for the price though it's not worth it. I rarely use it and it's not scented (major bummer).
Ama G.
Matthews, NC
It's very sticky but pretty at the same time I really do love the colors and the price is affordable it's not great quality like Mac or anything but it's quite pretty
Whitney B.
Bryant, AR
This lip gloss looks good in the bottle, but the colors are too plain and it's really sticky on your lips. One gust of wind and your hair feels like its super glued to your lips.
Taylor R.
Redondo Beach, CA
This lip gloss is slightly on the stickier side with a heavy feeling on the lips. When I look at the product amount in the tube, its not much bang for your buck. The staying power is okay but for the price I would rather get something else.
Cintya R.
Bronx, NY
Whats the price?
Isabelle E.
Eslöv
Is this gloss really long-lasting?
Ashley C.
nottingham
how was your experience with lip glosses are they good and do they stay for long
Nicole D.
Is it worth 12.00
Dawn K.
Jacksonville, FL
Does it really make your lips soft or slippery?