American Airlines Airline Company
Top Questions See all 747 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
Flights tend to be more expensive. But the flights tend to be faster and less stops on the way. I have always had a good experience with flying this airline. They have great customer service. If you can find a good deal it is a great way to fly.
The seats are comfortable enough to fall asleep. Snacks can be a bit better in varieties, not just peanuts. Flight attendants are great. Favorite part is they more direct flights from coast to coast than others
On time flights and competent staff are a must and American Airlines has both however they need to start sending flights to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Mustique and Bequia are Gems to Visit .
I have used U.S. air as my travel option but since the Merger with American Airlines, I have not been impressed. Booking online I have had trouble selecting seats if one flight is U.S. air and the other American. The flights have been delayed or canceled more than normal.
I always use Southwest Airlines but one time I decided to use this one ... and oh do I regret it . Horrible costumer service . Unprofessional. More expensive for who knows what reason .. no satisfied!
I really hate how they will charge a $200 change fee even if it is for the same day/same airport/etc. Despite that negative thing, the airline is usually pretty good. I've never had an issue before.
I had a great experience flying American Airlines. They were very hospitable with my needs and there were no delays. Pricing was average and not unreasonable. Overall positive experience! I would recommend.
The seats are a little tight and the leg room isn't very ample. I consider this a budget friendly airline. No frills, but you get what you pay for. I use this airline for quick domestic flights.
Used this to fly to Germany. Even though there was a hurricane that my Airline was not affected other people's were. I did not miss my connecting flight and all of my luggage arrived on time.
I don't know anyone who ever has 100% nice things to say about any airline, but I can at least say that while American hasn't been my favorite, it certainly hasn't been the worst. So I guess with the kind of press airlines have had in recent years, that's something?
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
When is the best time to fly?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos