American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,945 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
American Airlines' greatest advantage is its network within the US and also its network between the US and Europe. Compared with other US-based carriers, it probably has the best options to European cities. They have several hubs on the east coast of the US, so connections are pretty good on that side of the country too.
The plane on our flight from NY to Las Vegas was old, smelly carpet and not really caring stewards. We didn’t have anything to eat except small snacks for 5-6 hour flight.
I love flying American Airlines! The crew at AA has always been kind and thoughtful. I have been flown standby a few times and the gate agents are always honest on how full the flights may be. The flight attendants are always considerate and will go the extra mile to make sure you have an enjoyable travel experience.
American Airlines is who I flew with for my first time flying. The attendants made sure myself and my children were comfortable and continously checked on us keeping us at ease.
All in all I've had very good experiences with American. I fly in between Philadelphia and Columbus a lot because of school, and the flights are generally on time, inexpensive, and the staff is very nice to me. That being said, the planes are often very small and when there are delays they tend to be fairly long.
Just make sure to arrive early. Select seat upon ticket purchase, seats filled quickly. Ask for what you want and don’t always assume all airlines inflight service are the same.
I flew American most recently. My gate was changed three times without announcement, they were on totally different ends. It was delayed without announcement as well and eventually became cancelled. Finding another flight was difficult and I did not have a good time. My flight back was breezy and I had no complaints.
I don't usually enjoy flying American Airlines, honestly. It's complicated and crowded and customer service isn't really the best. That being said, it is an airline that will get you where you need to go at an okay price-- as long as you're okay sacrificing nearly everything else to get there, including your luggage.
I️ always have great experience with American Airlines. There are always things that’s are out of their control, like weather delays, crappy passengers and trouble at individual airports. I’ve been flying on AA since I️ was a kid and it’s always enjoyable. I️ do believe they have the nicest flight attendants as well!!
The last flight I took was on AA the flight was great but the amount charged to check a bag is insane! Also they don’t give you many points for the price you pay for the flights
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos