American Airlines Airline Company
Top Questions See all 747 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
American Airlines has really lost value for me. The staff always seems to be cranky, regardless of where you are flying. I also hate all of the sneaky extra charges on flights. Internationally, this airline is crud- try to take a different airline if you are going overseas.
I've only flown American so far, but all three of my experiences with them have been positive ones. The flight attendants have been polite and helpful and the seats are fairly comfortable. The tickets aren't the cheapest, but I still choose to fly American whenever I can.
I always have a good experience flying with American Airlines. Their customer service is always stellar. My bag was lost once, but they had a courier bring it to me that evening. We fly with American at least once per year. Overall, I'm satisfied with their service.
I'm a die-hard lover of the miles program! It always feels like s great value! I fly American regularly and rarely have issues with service or flight delays! I love the new baggage tracker!
I've used AA for the past 5 years or so. I'm not a big fan of the new status program that is more monetary based instead of miles flown based but overall I like their rewards program and their service has been great overall. I recommend getting the citi aa advantage card!
I've had mixed experiences with American Airlines in terms of delays vs. taking off on time. The one thing that is consistently positive is their flight attendants. I'm sure dealing with delayed flights are stressful but they always handle the situation with positivity.
American Airlines flights are definitely not the best value. They tend to be on the more expensive side as is, and you still have to pay to check a bag. The flight attendants were nice enough, but the snacks offered on the flight definitely left something to be desired!
The flight was fine, but the plane going to Dallas was literally a tube of toothpaste and we were packed on top of one another like sardines. The flight come from Dallas was a jet so it was more spacious and comfortable. I rather enjoyed the experience coming from that is.
Awful experience all round. The plane was late, then something was wrong with it, we ended up waiting hours to board. The staff was cranky and rude. Would not recommend to anyone. I wrote them an email about my experience and got back a stock reply without even an apology.
I did not have any problems when I flew with American Airlines. They were very accommodating and sweet! However, I did sleep most of the flight when I was flying with them, so it's hard to have a negative experience when you're fast asleep! But I would recommend for sure!
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
When is the best time to fly?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos