BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• American Airlines Airline Company would anyone suggest Th...4 Answers
  • Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19909)
Jessy G.
It is difficult for me to write this review because I have not flown American Airlines in a long time.  I have had multiple negative customer service experiences in the past.  Their staff was not very friendly or accomodating, boarding process was unorganized  and their planes were not that comfortable.  As a result, I stopped using them years ago.  So I cannot attest to them currently because I swore them off years ago and never looked back. I always fly JetBlue as my first choice.  I've always had great experiences flying JetBlue.  When I'm unable to use JetBlue, my second choice is Delta.  I've had mixed experiences with Delta but more positive then negative.  However, I would only fly American Airlines if I had absolutely no choice.
Becky S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
It's been a while since I've flown, let alone flown on American Airlines but when you fly commercial out of my hometown of Wilmington NC, you've been limited to As or at times United Airlines.
It's a small but International Airport and even when you get there early and there isn't a line and boarding is on time- there still seems to be a delay in takeoff.
They also cut out meals and snacks on flights within the U.S. or maybe it's based on time in the air but from The East Coast to the West Coast (beach to beach literally) there is nothing provided and the service left something to be desired.
Also, is it that much to ask for someone to clean up the used tissues from the flight before? I work service industry and have for over 20 years so I'm not some complaining snob who knows nothing about hard, dirty work either.
Anjelica F.
San Jose, CA
Avoid at all costs. The last time I flew American was two years ago and for good reason. Had a couple connecting flights, and although I didn’t miss any connections, about 50% of others on the flight did. When I returned to my final destination I found that my husbands luggage was literally taped together after it was inspected for no good reason. When I went up to the counter to speak with a manager they exhibited very poor customer service and let us know there was nothing they could do but I could call headquarters if I wanted to “complain”. All the while, a lady next to me was talking with another representative about her missing dog that they had put on the wrong flight.

Every friend of mine has never had anything positive to say about this airline. Awful! Do not recommend!!
Alexandria K.
Seattle
Was very disappointed in American Airlines after the way I was treated on my flight. The way they treat their customers is absurd. I had a flight attendant give my seat I paid extra $ for to another person and the when I asked for my seat she rolled her eyes at me and tried to seat me somewhere else while giving me attitude. They need to work on customer service because this is unacceptable and so very rude. I sent them an email just explaining what happened and all they did was give me a sorry which didn’t make me feel any better. I can honestly tell you I will NEVER fly American again and gladly give my business to a different company that will treat me with the respect I deserve. I tell everyone about my experience and warn them to fly with a different airline and to not waste their time wit AA.
L G.
I purchased a ticket or two before from American Airlines. They have promos every now and the. just like other airlines. I like the service of this company. I remember having a wedding to attend and my flight was delayed and I have a connecting flight going to the wedding. They helped me with my connecting flight so I wouldn't have to catch another one and wait for another available flight.
Amber L.
Selkirk, NY
American airlines stinks. Last time I flew American, they were late getting to the airport, I missed my connection by three minutes, and they could not book me on another flight until two days later. Terrible terrible customer service. When I complained, I was told it was the airports fault not the airline and I was not covered for any refund or additional service. That was the second and last time I flew with them.
Becky L.
Akron, OH
If I could give them 0 stars I would! I really wish I could. They ruined the start of my honeymoon and were rude and didn’t try to correct their errors. Lost mine AND my husband’s luggage to AND from our destination. Rude and unaccommodating are the words that describe them the most. Will never fly them again and tell everyone I know not to bother. I’ll pay more to NOT fly American.
Lydia H.
Baltimore
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The aircrafts, flights themselves, and timeliness of AA is really great. The only complaint I have is the employees. In my experience, they weren’t friendly, but are rather rushed and cold towards passengers. When I had questions as a first time flyer, they quickly dismissed me and my questions, making me anxious to fly with them. Great price, great flight, but not great employees.
Savannah G.
Fayetteville, AR
Have had problems with this airline every time we go on vacation. Their prices are unbeatable though. My last vacation the airline messed up and tried to send my boyfriend and I to a different state and then wanted to charge us EXTRA to fly from Orlando to Dallas. We argued with customer service for hours until they gave us a refund. Their services are just as crappy as it gets.
Aspen G.
Los angeles, CA
This is the first airline I have ever flown with when I was like 13 or 14 I was supposed to fly with southwest but I was alone and missed my connected flight. I was crying it was midnigjt, I was scared! But da da da da! American Airlines heard of my problem and didn't charge my aunt anything to take me to my destination. Absolutely wonderful experience. I'll never forget that day
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?