BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19892)
Anika M.
Austin
The airline was super professional and nice. I loved the staff aboard the plane and took extra steps to make sure everyone was comfortable and enjoying the flight. I was very satisfied with my flight and after my experiences with them, I am more than inclined to fly with them again!
Eric B.
I have flown many airlines and have never been able to fly enough on one airline in one year to receive Elite Status. With AA, I was able to use not only my mileage but also credit card purchases on my AA credit card to achieve Platinum status. Having the upgraded status for life, has allowed me to receive upgrades, preferential seating, free checked luggage, lounge access and other benefits.
Nola D.
Dallas, TX
I fly American usually when I am headed to the Caribbean. The flights are usually comfortable but delays are rampant. The crews are usually friendly and attentive and their routes are accessible to most destinations.  I just wish there were less flight delays and mechanical issues.
Megan Q.
Minot, ND
I fly a lot, and I try to avoid American Airlines at all cost! I always have the worse time with them! Not to mention they just recently "lost" my cousins dogs when she was flying from the us to Germany!
J S.
The seats are less than comfortable, and on American they charge you for EVERYTHING. The fights tend to be on time, but the price is usually on par with other airlines and staff isn't really friendly. Nothing really makes me want to fly this airline unless it is the only direct flight.
Cassie M.
Merlin, OR
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I'm surprised they got a B- overall, and not an F. Oh my gosh are they bad! Customer service = bad; attitude in general = bad; if you are not in first class, you're second-class citizens? And their flights are not only outrageously expensive, but also have a high percentage of bumping of passengers because of overbooking. Just too much of a hassle. I'll travel with Alaska Airlines any day!
Kenia C.
I used to travel through AA a lot but it was always an issue. Flights were delayed. Last time I flew with them a 4 hour flight turned into about 12 hours and add a toddler to the mix it was a nightmare.
Valerie D.
San Antonio, TX
Recently flew with them from LAX to SAT. They didn't serve snacks but hardly any other plans do now. We did get drinks though. I found the plane ride enjoyable. I didn't have any problems with baggage or seating. They were also the cheapest tickets so it was a win all the way around.
Gayatri B.
E Stroudsburg, PA
The price that you pay for your destination is pretty fair. The seats however are uncomfortable. They don't serve you food instead you have to buy it. You reach your destination in faster time than usual.
Rachael S.
San Antonio, TX
Im not impressed with this airline but its not the worst. They have really small seats for larger people and I don't mean fat either. I'm 6'3 and I my legs cramp up horribly when I travel AA. They try to fit too many seats on a plane rather than making it comfortable. Ifly Southwest now.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?