American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,967 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
I flew to Punta Cana via American Airlines and it was probably the nicest flight I was ever on. The staff were super pleasant and the pilot was so kind and gave up updates throughout the flight with ETAs and weather updates. I would love to fly American Airlines again after how amazing the staff was
I have flown many times on American Airlines over the past 35 years. Air travel is obviously not what it use to be, but American Airlines is still a reliable airline. It is discouraging that seats have become so crowded, making air travel quite uncomfortable. But AA is a reliable, trustworthy airline.
Usually on time flights- I love that I get text updates about gate changes or delays as well as baggage claim assignments. The only thing is I wish their seats were a little more comfortable. Whenever I fly, I try to take American. Although sometimes their prices are higher but having less hassle is worth it.
American Airlines has been nothing but perfect. The flight attendants are always great and the first class service is my favorite part. I am not a very frequent flyer and fly about 3-4 times a year. It was great!
I haven't personally had issues with American Airlines, but I have co workers who will NOT fly with them anymore after multiple delays/cancellations and poor handling of those events. I am a frequent flier with US Airways, so I hope the US Airways doesn't go downhill now that they're one of the same..
American Airlines gets three stars for pricing. Often times when my favorite companies are expensive, AA has something in my price range. However, customer service could use a little work, and their ticketing process has been slow in the past. If you are on a short flight, I would recommend.
I like American Airlines because they're cheap and reliable. I've had a bunch of issues with other airlines with gate changes at the last minute and rude attendants but AA has never done that in my experience and for that, I'm grateful. Although, I wish they'd give out snacks on the flights.
This is by far one of my favorite airlines to fly on! We fly to Seattle to visit my husbands family at least twice a year and this airline still has not failed us to this day! They always have snack and beverages and it was easy to board with the baby, they also helped with luggage! Thank you so much
I've dealt with a lot of airlines recently and American is the one that always pulls through. I've never left a flight disappointed or frustrated. So grateful for everything they pilots and flight attendants do.
As a whole, American Airlines is a great company to travel with! Being able to acquire miles and go on complementary trips with those miles is great and the customer service is excellent. One thing they need to improve on is free checked baggage, that is one of the things I like Southwest better for.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos