American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,940 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
I've only traveled via airplane 3 times in my life and with American Airlines only once and I really enjoyed my experience! The staff was nice and the flight was as enjoyable as a flight can be. The only downfall is that it claimed to have wifi but it didn't work at all. Still would travel with them again!
I had heard not-so-great things about flying American, so I was pleasantly surprised with my flights last weekend. I flew DTW to AUS with a stop in DFW, and the flight attendants were extremely polite, the seats weren't too cramped (i.e., more cramped than normal!), and I nice flights. Happily surprised!
Flight was very comfortable. There was a slight delay due to the weather. The customer service experience was great. I didn't see any cons at the moment only that the plane was pretty crowded. I was satisfied overall.
It was my first airplane ride and of course I was nervous. The plane was going to New York, so the ride was only like a hour or 2 hours. Either way we arrived safely and the people were friendly. For a first plane ride I would say it was a "A". But as far as being comfortable I would give the plane a "B".
I use AA whenever I need to fly. I have their credit card as well, so its makes it convenient to fly with them. I have always had great customer service when needing to make any changes, and without normal delays have never had a problem. I would recommend this airlines to friends and family.
I've dealt with a lot of airlines recently and American is the one that always pulls through. I've never left a flight disappointed or frustrated. So grateful for everything they pilots and flight attendants do.
American Airlines Airline Company I'm a American Airlines frequent flyer! I've always had great customer service, the flight attendant are always happy and there when you need them. I always fly back and forth my husband is in the military so this is my go to airline should be you're too!!
I haven't personally had issues with American Airlines, but I have co workers who will NOT fly with them anymore after multiple delays/cancellations and poor handling of those events. I am a frequent flier with US Airways, so I hope the US Airways doesn't go downhill now that they're one of the same..
I have always enjoyed flying American for many years. I have severe motion sickness, and for some reason, American is one of the few airlines where I don't get sick. The overall customer service is not bad, but not awesome either. I've never really had an issue with them. I will continue to fly American.
I like American Airlines because they're cheap and reliable. I've had a bunch of issues with other airlines with gate changes at the last minute and rude attendants but AA has never done that in my experience and for that, I'm grateful. Although, I wish they'd give out snacks on the flights.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos