American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,971 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
The only reason I am still with american airlines is because of the points i've accumulated through the years and they are one of two airlines that leave out of my local airport so I have no choice. They have managed to really gum up quite a few of my flying experiences but i hope to see them improve.
It was my first airplane ride and of course I was nervous. The plane was going to New York, so the ride was only like a hour or 2 hours. Either way we arrived safely and the people were friendly. For a first plane ride I would say it was a "A". But as far as being comfortable I would give the plane a "B".
Flight was very comfortable. There was a slight delay due to the weather. The customer service experience was great. I didn't see any cons at the moment only that the plane was pretty crowded. I was satisfied overall.
I had heard not-so-great things about flying American, so I was pleasantly surprised with my flights last weekend. I flew DTW to AUS with a stop in DFW, and the flight attendants were extremely polite, the seats weren't too cramped (i.e., more cramped than normal!), and I nice flights. Happily surprised!
I've only traveled via airplane 3 times in my life and with American Airlines only once and I really enjoyed my experience! The staff was nice and the flight was as enjoyable as a flight can be. The only downfall is that it claimed to have wifi but it didn't work at all. Still would travel with them again!
As a very frequent traveler within the travel industry, I can vouch that American Airlines is working hard to change their image of the past with a hiring frenzy of new, smiling faces, and intense training to assure these new hires get the job done. AA is hoping that by releasing all of these fresh faces into the work force, those who have been around for awhile will adapt their work ethic, so as not to be left behind.
I have heard a lot of people complain about American Airlines but I have not had any trouble with them at all. I'm always comfortable and the flight attendants I have encountered have always been pleasant. I fly with American Airlines every couple months. I will continue to fly with them in the future.
I would give 4 stars for international flights. I haven't had an issue. Even when my connecting flight was late, they sent employees to guide us through customs. However, i have had terrible experiences on AA in domestic flights. Flights are always bein canceled and customer services is less than helpful
No way. Can't stand them. I travel a ton back and forth from school and have never had an on time flight with them or US Airways (which they now own)... Very unreliable service. Wish I had more options for my flights.
I've always pleasant experience with AA, except for one but I can't hold it over their head because you know what? No airline is perfect. I love their FF program, miles are so easy to add up. Prices are a bit expensive if you book too late, seats are comfortable, decent movies and meals. All my flights have been 6h+
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos