American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,910 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
When it comes to airlines, I'm not normally picky- I go with the flow, so to speak. American Airlines definitely has route availability and at times what seems like good deals- their carry on specifications, lack of snacks, and nonexistent leg room however make me question whether it's ever truly a great deal.
Not the best costumer service. People aren't rude but they aren't nice. Sometimes they don't say hello back, don't smile (like you can't tell they don't like their work or they don't want to be there). Whenever you call costumer service it takes for ever and you don't get the assistant you need. In case of emergency they lack humanity.
I was really nervous to fly with my 2 year old son. It was his first flight, and it gets bored easily. The staff was AMAZING with him for all four flights. Even when we were stuck on the tarmac due to storms. They even helped me transport the carry on baggage all over the airport. I couldn't be happier.
Was my first airline to try so Didnt know what to expect but now I do and food was not good at all and the airplane had a weird looking like too old or something. But we arrived safe and drinks were full size wich I loved
Super small leg room, the flight attendants weren't friendly or welcoming. Every time the flight attendant came through the aisles with the food and drink carts, she would ram it right into my seat. This happened at least five times. Super jarring to be woken up from a nap that way :/
Unorganized check in, unnecessarily strict attendants and little to no entertainment or accommodation during a trans-Atlantic flight. Tried to move across the pond flying this airline and met many stumbling blocks along the way. Would not choose this airline again unless getting a great deal on the ticket.
American Airline is great, but they can be very pricey. The key is to continue logging in and checking prices. Also make sure you have a rewards credit card with AA.
Both of the times ive flown with them i have been left in an airport without any help. My connecting flights were cancelled and the customer service teams were extremely rude. this was also at 2 different AA locations.
Great service overall. Obviously the clearance lines can be time consuming and annoying, but that goes for almost any air port. Employees are always really friendly and helpful! I would recommend to my friends and family.
It's a pretty cheap airline to travel in.. my experience was not bad and it was not too good neither.. I will think that they will come and ask for refills or if you needed anything and it was otherwise
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos