American Airlines Airline Company
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
My family and I always use American Airline because we can find a reasonable price with a great service. I have used American Airline to travel inside and outside of the country and it has been a great experience. Last time I travel from LA to SF using my miles I earned from American Airline. It was awesome!!!
I have a love hate relationship with American. Their customer service is terrible. I frequently fly them for work because they have the most flights out of my home airport. I have Gold status so I do get upgraded frequently which is a nice perk. A lot of their smaller planes don't have wifi which is annoying.
I fly AA very often, as they are often the cheapest LAX-->JFK and they have hourly departures between those two airports. I really like the business class on the new transcontinental planes but feel that first class isn't necessary. If they converted first class to business, the new planes would be perfect!
When it comes to airlines, I'm not normally picky- I go with the flow, so to speak. American Airlines definitely has route availability and at times what seems like good deals- their carry on specifications, lack of snacks, and nonexistent leg room however make me question whether it's ever truly a great deal.
Oh American - how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways! Lost luggage, terrible service, crappy food, delays, cancellations, changing planes in DFW - I could go on, but I'll do anything to avoid flying American Airlines.
American Airline is great, but they can be very pricey. The key is to continue logging in and checking prices. Also make sure you have a rewards credit card with AA.
I think reviews make it seem the AA is terrible but I've been fortunate to never really have problems with them. Compared to other airlines their planes are clean, their flight attendants are cordial (though compared to some international airlines they have a long way to go) and majority of the time their flights are on time. For most domestic flights they're the first I look up^^
Great service overall. Obviously the clearance lines can be time consuming and annoying, but that goes for almost any air port. Employees are always really friendly and helpful! I would recommend to my friends and family.
Nightmare. They constantly cancel flights if they aren't full. We were taking a group of kids to Pennsylvania one summer and got to the airport and they told us the flight was cancelled. The weather was great across the country. It was a complete nightmare. I have several similar stories. Don't fly American!
Honestly i use this airlines a lot because my dad has rewards points. But their service could really improve more. Although I can't say that they have ever given me any serious issues i have heard of other people who have had many. To be honest, so far they have gone above and beyond to accommodate me.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos