BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

Reviews (19975)
Alison D.
Alexandria, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I fly with them frequently as they are a major airline that has a hub in the Washington, DC area. Several times the flights have been delayed due to various reasons, everything from weather to mechanical issues to waiting on crew. They are however cheaper than a lot of other airlines and get me to almost all destinations that I’ve wanted to go.
Cindi H.
Elkton
Growing up my parents flee AA so when I purchased my own tickets I stuck with what I knew. Always have great customer service! Prices are a little higher than others, but it’s worth it to have a nice flight without any problems! Great rewards program that if you don’t earn enough points you can use for other purchases like magazines and things.
Taylor G.
Richmond, VA
Awful. We had 7 first class tickets for our family vacation; called to double check and confirm the details and we were told that the flight we had booked had been cancelled so they had put us on a different flight. Not only were we no longer first class EVEN THOUGH WE PAID FOR IT but none of us were seated together. Never again. Just to avoid ever flying American Airlines, I will pay more money and fly Delta.
Shelby W.
Creola
I flew American Airlines once. It was not a horrible experience but also definitely wasn’t my best experience either. I first flew delta and then American Airlines and when comparing the two... delta is a way higher quality airline. I didn’t necessarily have any issues with American Airlines...but Delta is way better quality, care, and comfort!
Heather T.
Aliso Viejo, CA
The only reason I gave two stars is because we did not crash. American Airlines consistently disappoints me. The flight attendants are rude, the planes are old and the ride just is not enjoyable at all. To be fair it’s been a couple of years since my last flight and so I hope things have improved but I avoid flying AA even if it’s the absolute cheapest ticket.
Alex L.
I always swore by American Airlines. But they just can’t seem to keep their stuff up to date. The planes are all small and stuff you feel sick just walking on the plane and the customer service is honestly terrible. Those people hate their jobs and the prices are just outrageous. I switched to southwest and was much happier with my experience.
Alyssa P.
Durham
I flied American Airlines when I flew to Costa Rica with my family for my graduation gift. Getting to Costa Rica was easy. The flights were on time for the most part and the customer service was good. The only issue was that my family kept asking the attendants at the counter if we were at the right place, but they did not really seem to know.
Sarah B.
Saint Louis, MO
I just flew with AA recently and it was nothing but a great experience. They are very friendly and accommodating on the flights, and even in between flights if you are running late. They waited for me to make my second flight and were looking out for where I was in the airport and why I had not boarded, which I thought was awesome.
Sarah E.
Winston Salem, NC
My first flight was in July and I couldn't say anything negative about it! The flight was smooth, the staff was friendly, and the airplane felt spacious/luxurious even though I didn't pay much for my ticket. I got dizzy at one point and the flight attendants checked on me. I'm very thankful that my first flight was an American Airlines flight!
Tori T.
Niceville, FL
With their new transition with us airways, they have gotten stingier. The seating has gotten closer, you need to be careful to make sure you get a carry on, and their checked bag policies are frustrating with time restrictions. The only plus they have is every flight attendant has been kind and welcoming. Even they know it’s gotten ridiculous.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?