American Airlines Airline Company
Top Questions See all 747 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
Travelled to Texas recently and took American Airlines and enjoyed it. Good service, nothing spectacular because it was such a short flight (about 2 hours or so) but very enjoyable and I have family members in the rewards program which is very beneficial for frequent flyers. Would definitely take AA again for my next trip.
I traveled with American Airlines recently and I can say that I love every aspect of it. I flew from NY to SF after the overwhelming 11-hour flight and I can say that instead of getting more tired I got rest there. Everything is comfortable and nice and people are great. Although the price is a bit high, but it's worth it.
American is fine. Just par for the course with domestic airlines these days. Its neither awful or anything special. Service is fine, but not close to Southwest or JetBlue standards. Given the size of the airline, they do maintain a number of routes from my home airport, which gives them a leg up for me over United and Delta.
Lost luggage. Flights cancelled. No compensation. Arrived to the US from our European vacation 3 days later than expected. No compensation whatsoever. We were only put in a hotel, without bags for 3 days.
LOVE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE , EVEN WHEN TRAVELING IN CABIN THEY TREAT YOU LIKE PRIORITY. I USE IT EVERY MONTH THAT I TRAVEL TO SEE MY MOM. CONS, WOULD BE THE WAY THEY BOARD PEOPLE IN THE PLANE. OTHER THAN THAT A1 AND TOTALLY RECOMMEND.
I go to college across the country, so I fly American multiple times per year. I’ve had nothing but incredible experiences. Staff and flight crews have been incredible, even going the extra mile when I almost missed a flight. I’ll continue to be a loyal American customer for a long time!
I hear constant rants about AA. But we fly often and 90% of the time with AA. We have a hub at our airport and it is convenient to fly AA. We accumulate miles and later use them for bookings or hotel stay. We rarely have any issues except once in Hawaii but it was due to fires beyond anyone's control. Will definitely keep flying AA.
For the most part, I have enjoyed most of my flights through American Airlines. Any issues have been dealt with by great customer service reps and they have a great number of travel locations making them one of my first choices for travel.
Had not flown with American Airlines since I was a teen used them to visit my son in November and it was the worst experience I have had flying in awhile very cramped planes rude staff, over booked, extremely uncomfortable seats I will NOT use them again. Worse flights I have had in years! Immediately regretted flying with them.
I fly American between Miami and Newark, New Jersey all the time. The terminal in Miami is huge which is a little annoying. But if you book at the right time flights are somewhere around $125 which isn't bad. Leg room is fine. I had a flight canceled once for seemingly no reason, but they easily got me on another the same day.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
When is the best time to fly?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos