BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

Reviews (19925)
Jennifer F.
Fond Du Lac, WI
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I personal have had some issues with american airlines. The customer service needs to improve and I mean on all levels. (In person, on the phone, even online could be better) If something happens they are not helpful to fix the situation. They tell you its not there problem. They could improve, I personally prefer Delta myself.
Savannah B.
I've flown American many times! Overall, it's an okay airline. But it is the one airline that I have had probably 50% of my flights delayed. But other then that it's pretty decent! Kind flight attendants, and good seats and snacks! I honestly would fly Southwest or Delta before I would fly American, but it would be my third choice!
Ruby E.
I flew American Airlines to LA, and let me tell you it was the worst experience of my life. Granted, I flew out 2 days before Christmas and JFK was a mess! It took me 2 hours to go through security and once I was on the plane it was too busy to move. For such a long flight I expected more food. Overall an unpleasant experience
Rachel W.
San Diego, CA
I recently just traveled to the states from France with my ESA for the first time with AA. The staff were so helpful and accommodating to me and my dog. I was nervous because it was his first time flying but the airline made us feel comfortable and helped me with providing my dog with what he needed throughout the long haul flight.
Ebony R.
San Diego, CA
My last two trips I have used American Airlines. They always have so many delays or even flights cancelled. My service was so bad that they gave me a voucher. Used the voucher for my next trip, on top of a 2 hour layover I had to wait another 2 hours due to delays. They have the cheapest flight but you get what you pay for.
Tammi J.
Chesterfield, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I am a frequent flyer on AA.  I have not experience any really problems lately on their flights.  I do find their seats to be tight.  It just reminds me that I need to drop weight.  AA isn't my first choice when it come to flying but a second choice.  That may change being that Delta has gotten worse over the years.
Grant H.
Los Angeles, CA
I have mixed opinions on AA. Sometimes, they're great. Others, not at all. I've been on cross-country flights that went off without a hitch, and I've been on others with delays, landings, transfers, misplaced baggage, and fees that I wasn't expecting. I only look at AA when there's a good deal or if it's from a booking website.
Trina M.
I am Platinum Pro but am not satisfied with my experiences with AA.  I fly almost every week for work.  The planes are dirty, the flight attendants are either very nice or very rude. Nothing in between. I am pretty much forced to fly AA because I reside in Dallas. They should treat all their customers better. I was on a plane the other day and they were throwing luggage down the the cart about 30 feet.  I should have gotten it on video.  Unbelievable.
katelyn s.
Chester, VA
Not my best experience and I would say I have flown more than the average person. The plane was very small, as well as the seats. There was next to no room. It was very loud and unlike any other plane I had every been on. The engine vibrated my seat for the entire flight. It was miserable but at least we landed and I'm alive!
Maddison F.
Effingham, KS
I am 19 years old and I have never flown before. The flight attendants are very nice and helpful. There are great competitive prices on airline flights. I plan to fly again and I will be using American Airlines as my Airline choice.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?