American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,976 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
I have flown American Airlines many times in the past and have always had a positive experience. Staff and customer service is helpful, can't recall any delays, always received my luggage. Basically it has always been a positive experience.
They don't care about their customers, plane and simple. Once they've got your ticket money and all the extra fees attached to your baggage, they throw you to the wolves. Those wolves being their under-trained and under-educated workforce, poor in communication and customer service skills, let alone more complicated service skills.
It is a regular airline, flights are a little overpriced and you don't even get food on the plane. Customer service is okay. You have to pay for an extra baggage because the only one you have free is your carry on. I use it as an option when prices drop and I just want to get to my destination but they're not definitely my first option.
This was a fine airline. I don't fly very often, but this experience was enjoyable. I appreciated the kindness of the stewardesses and other employees. The customer service was good and everyone was very friendly. Overall, I felt satisfied.
American Airlines has been reliable and provides great customer service from flight attendants. However, the planes are behind technology wise and do not provide blankets and headphones such as delta. The steep prices do make up for the lack of other services.
I used to love flying with American Airlines.. not lately though. My flights have been cancelled and delayed so many times. I spent a whole day in the airport and ended up leaving and coming back the day because the flight was rescheduled.
The flights that I have with them are okay. They aren’t the best airlines but they will get you from point A to point B. I’ve used them about 3 or 4 times. The customer service is a little less than ideal. It takes along time when speaking to them to make arrangements. They are satisfactory, but not quite as good as southwest or JetBlue
I don't mind American Airlines, but they aren't the best option. Their customer service isn't terrible, but it's not memorably great either. I don't like that you have to pay separately for your luggage, which is why I normally fly Southwest. Overall, if it's what is booked by a travel agent I won't complain about it, but not my first choice.
This airline is really great. Its super comfortable even in the regular seating. The seats are really roomy and so good. First class is even better. The seats are huge and are perfect for sleeping. Service is great. I highly recommend
American is fine. Just par for the course with domestic airlines these days. Its neither awful or anything special. Service is fine, but not close to Southwest or JetBlue standards. Given the size of the airline, they do maintain a number of routes from my home airport, which gives them a leg up for me over United and Delta.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos