BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

Reviews (19915)
Alyssa R.
Jonesboro, AR
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I always fly American Airlines! The planes are always clean and nice. I’ve never flown on an old or dirty plane. The international planes are absolutely amazing. On most of the international planes I have flown, there have been screens in front of each seat where you can watch current movies. The service and accommodations with AA are always great!
Brittany B.
Nacogdoches, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
My biggest flaw with American is the baggage charge. Adding the baggage charge adds people bring carry-ons more and more which makes the cabin cramped and people cannot fit their carry-ons in the over head compartments. The staff has always be pleasant and amazing. I have used American for overseas travel and domestic and it has always been a pleasure.
Taylor F.
Rochester, NY
Ive been flying Anerican Airlines since I was able to fly. My grandfather always flew this airline, not only because he was a frequent flyer but he loved the customer service and atmosphere American created. I aspired to work for the company as a pilot when i graduated from college but unfortunately, it didnt happen. Still love the airline though.
Christine V.
Raleigh, NC
I love American Airlines; especially if you live near one of their hubs. Always clean planes, friendly and helpful staff, and on time! They're very pet friendly as well, so if you're going to fly with a small dog or cat- AA is the way to go!
They've recently beefed up their social media presence, and actually reply to tweets by customers! A+ for AA
Imad H.
chicago, illinois
American Airlines is a good airline. The in-flight services were exceptional, as the seats were comfortable and the staff was very friendly.
I've had delays and cancellations a few times, but the personnel at the desk were quite helpful and solved my issues right away.
I would highly Recommend AA over any other flight in the US!
Beca M.
Winter Haven, fl
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
American is an ok way to fly. Although I haven't had many problems the last couple of times I've flown them, after flying Virgin and Southwest, American seemed to be kind of lacking. Also for the prices they charge per ticket, their charges for baggage are a pain. A portable luggage scale to weigh your bags before checking in is always a help.
Josie C.
Servicee, especially customer service has been getting worse over the last 5 years. Very disappointing. I am a platinum member and often fly first class but I am treated like a nobody and dismissed at every opportunity. You cannot even speak to a person to address a concern they insist you submit through the aa.com website but then NEVER RESPOND.
Rahiel M.
Garland, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
They were ok but I once traveled with AA and I had over $4,000 of designer things stolen from my luggage and since I only had receipts to one bag and not the rest of my stuff they were only able to reimburse me with $75 for each item which sucks.
Kerri C.
San Diego, CA
Absolutely hate flying with AA. In the last 4 flights I had with them, I question on whether they actually get around to updating their plans to this decade. For an airline as big as they are, I find it unacceptable when you fly internationally and expect everyone to watch from the central TVs with a continuous loop movie. What year is it again?
Audra G.
Starkville, MS
Unfortunantely, I have only had a bad experience with American. I was on my way to Mexico City and had a stop in Dallas. Due to weather, they cancelled my flight after about 8 hours of delaying it. Weather is out of their control so I don't blame them for this. But, when customers were coming up to them to try and find help, the American workers were nothing but rude. Will not fly American again.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?