BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

Reviews (19935)
Katie E.
Springfield, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have had some difficult situations dealing with weather and luggage with AA but I have to say in the end everything did get addressed. Their luggage tracking device is great because when my luggage didn't show up I knew exactly where it was (and there was a little comfort in that). Weather delays are impossible and while it wasn't always timely, staff was honest about options.
Bre N.
Detroit, MI
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have had a range of mixed experiences when flying AA. I've never had an "exceptional" time on any given flight I have taken and most of my experiences have been average. Flights tend to be a mixed bag and service seems to be dependent on the mood of the individual flight attendant.
Katie M.
Oceanside, CA
American Airlines is probably my favorite airline company! I have always had really good experiences with their customer service. They have always made accommodations when there was an issue with my connecting flight or if a flight was cancelled. Not necessarily the cheapest airline though. But I will continue to fly American, and I would recommend flying American to someone.
Jori H.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I've flown with AA frequently, and compared to some of its rivals (AirTran, Delta, Spirit, etc.) I feel like it's one of the better airlines. I can't complain too much about this particular service though, since most airplane rides aren't too accommodating in coach seating anyways!
Taleen B.
Tarzana, CA
Maybe I was just traveling on a bad day, but not only was my flight delayed several times (so much so that I missed my connecting flight and my entire itinerary was thrown off) they also lost my friend's and my luggage... and didn't get it to me until 2 weeks later, when I was already back home!!! Imagine the frustration having to deal with that in Europe while on vacation. Horrible.
Tara A.
Quakertown, PA
The last time I flew with AA it was terrible. My flight was supposed to be a nonstop and they ended up stopping to re fuel. They told us we would still arrive on time but we arrived two hours late. They never updated us and told us that we would be late, nor apologized.
Penelope S.
El Paso, TX
I'm not pleased with American. I only traveled in Texas with them, for work, but my experience with their staff was unpleasant. Every single person I spoke with, who worked there seemed so bothered with everything and anyone who approached them. It wasn't good. The flight attendants even seemed disturbed. No smiles, no hello, nothing. I received sarcastic service. I prefer Southwest.
Chelsea G.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1

I'm spoiled by Alaska, but American is great too (and their mileage transfers over to my Alaska account). I love them for cross-country flights! Coach is obviously pretty cramped, but you can pay to upgrade to a better seat for under $100, so that's a nice option to have.
Danielle J.
tolland, CT
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
This airline was not good the plane was small and cramped and we had to wait in the plane for two hours while they tried to fix something only for them to say they couldn't fix it and make us all get off and wait two hours for another plane. they didn't give us water or anything while we were stuck on the plane with no air circulation and didn't comp us anything for the inconvience
Rusti H.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I have always loved flying AA. The service is great and the flights have always been on time. The prices are competitive with other airlines and the service has always been great. I just think for the price of flights snacks should be better and a decent meal should be served.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?