BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Alexandra G.
Kansas City, MO
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
As I've grown older, I've realized a trend in bad flight experiences: I only hate my travel when I'm flying with American. They've lost my bags several times. Their flights exclude the most basic amenities and charge for those which are free on other airlines. Their seats and planes out outdated. It's not even worth flying with them anymore since I can easily fly with another airline for cheaper AND with more amenities.
Yvonne C.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I use to love flying American Airlines but due to outrageous increase in tickets I no longer fly American. Tge crazy thing about this airline is they do not consider Canada an international flight but more like domestic. Skymiles are a joke now good luck trying to get any of your frequent miles even after providing this joke of an airline your proof of purchases. Everything requires a fee to speak to anyone on the phone to help you make a change for a flight or a purchase. Oh and no over tge phone customer service for advantage members disputing any miles not posted.
Laura E.
American Airlines is mine and my husband's first choice whenever traveling. While flying can sometimes be a pain with any airline, we've found that American Airlines is the most consistent and has great customer service. My husband is an Admirals Club member, so the perks are a nice bonus as well! Their airplanes are always clean and flight attendants are the friendliest we've experienced!
Megan R.
The tickets were pretty affordable but the seats weren't that comfortable or clean. I felt like the flight attendants were just annoyed and rushed, they didn't seem to have a lot of patience with any one (which makes sense when you do what they do, but it didn't make anyone's trip more enjoyable). I wouldn't fly with them if I could help it. But a good ticket price is a good ticket price and I won't fight that!
Sarah H.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
This is the airline I grew up with and have flown the most for cross-country or even international trips. My parents had the American Airlines miles reward credit card for their business and turned that into lots of trips for them and us all. But they are very consistent in the high quality trips I've taken. The planes run well, staff is great quality and its dependably good quality when traveling with them
Judlyn T.
Corp Christi, TX
Service is OK and the flights are usually on time. However, I've encountered several rude and unhelpful flight attendants and the snacks could be more substantial, especially for longer flights.
Maggie G.
Pittsburgh, PA
I have an American Airlines credit card, which I got to earn miles and perks. However, after only having the card for a year, they changed credit card companies and while I still earn miles, I no longer get perks, like the VIP lounge. Since we have miles, we still use American, but their customer service is not very good. We recently bought a direct flight, only to be bumped to another flight with a 1 stop layover. No money back, even though we splurged on the direct flight. I still use them, but which we lived closer to a delta or southwest hub.
Ashley S.
Plain City, OH
Average airline. Flights overbooked every time, they are always offering gift cards or money and credits if you pass on your seat and wait for the next flight. They got our luggage to us with no issues and multiple layovers so that was awesome! They play good music as your are boarding and exiting the plane, it seriously seemed to set my mood. I got the very last can of Diet Dr. Pepper after going without for a week in a foreign country, it felt like the best thing in the world at the time. They get points for that, also. I would fly with them again anytime.
Sydney R.
Tuscaloosa, AL
Flight from Birmingham to Dallas was as smooth as it could have been. The flight was overbooked, but it wasn't a problem for me as I am a platinum rewards member. Flight back to Birmingham from Dallas was an absolute nightmare as my flight got cancelled and AA was not able to A) refund my flight and B) get me on a flight for 3 days. Would recommend, but be wary as they can drop the ball a lot of the time.
Karli M.
Cleves, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Got a very decent fare. The staff and crew was excellent. Check in was a breeze, we pushed on time, and the flight was on time and comfortable. No issues with baggage and I will definitely fly with them again.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?