BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19976)
Laura W.
Ukiah , CA
What can I say. I use American Airlines because they have the most flights for my destination. The customer service is decent, the baggage fees are outrageous and they rarely have movie screens in the seats which sucks. Also, they always run out of the cheese box I want to purchase. Super annoying!
Madison L.
Ashland, MO
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I generally like American Airlines. The staff is always nice and the planes are generally large with comfortable seats. I'm not a big fan about all of the different pricing options for seats they have. I always choose the cheapest option because flying in general is expensive, and there's no way I'm going to pay more for first class or priority seating. I also wish they didn't charge so much for bags.
Caitlin F.
This is one of the three main airlines we use when flying. AA has a great rewards program that adds up fast and really easy to redeem when ready. Also, they were great to use when flying to Europe both times we went. They do have a few delays from time to time, but most airlines do.
Daphne D.
Atlanta, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The service I received at American airlines was fantastic, but my complete experience was not the best. Every time I fly with this airline there are long delays. In addition to long delays the prices are always more than the competition. I will say that there was one individual in one of these particular incident and they made me feel better about the situation. However, that was A one time occurrence.
Brittany A.
Milford, MA
The newer planes are really nice. Enough leg room. Tvs on every seat back and good movie/tv selections offered. Not a fan of having to purchase wifi access when JetBlue provides It for free. Especially on longer flights.
Also wish they boarded back to front like other airlines to make the process smoother.
Leanna D.
Albany
Every time I fly I look for an AA flight because of the great experiences I've had. I get super motion sick on planes and I've always had super accommodating staff that help me out if I need it. My last flight I had a whole row to myself and it was amazing. Love the service so much.
Georgia V.
E Rutherford, NJ
Horrible customer service. AA clearly doesn't care about having returning customers. Flights are usually delayed or cancelled. I even had a flight cancelled because it was delayed so long that the crew had to go into rest period. The airline refused to accommodate the passengers for the added cost of hotels, transportation, etc. until the next flight the following day. Never flying with them again.
Kayla F.
Fort Riley, KS
When traveling from Kansas to Indiana. Had a rough experience. But it was due to weather conditions and they did have a solution very quickly. The staff on the planes also helped me to navigate through Dallas airport because I've never had to go there(because of delays) my flight got changed 3-4 times.
Tabitha R.
Carpentersville
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
With all the terrible reviews all over the media I was a bit worried however for the most part everything was good. I didn't like how even though I purchased all 3 of my tickets together and made sure that all 3 of us are sitting next to each other, when I arrived to check in I was told none of us would be together. I had a 4 year old at the time and not okay with that. When I complained they where able to change things around and accommodate it.
Tess M.
I went on a AA flight recently and I have to say, it wasn't bad. The staff was alright, though one flight was overbooked and it was quite the hassle. The planes were reaaaallly small though. As in, we couldn't put any rolling carryons in the overhead compartments. Also due to the size the turbulence was unbearable. Finally, i really has how you can't change flights for free like you can with Southwest.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?