BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19956)
Jessica M.
Lynchburg, VA
The local airport in Lynchburg is small and not always open when you need it to be, but it has friendly staff and will work with you if you are running late to meet a plane. They will get a second flight booked for you or hurry you through security if you're close to making the departure time.
Ashley H.
Gainesville, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I used to LOVE American Airlines and only flew through them until recently. I had a few not so great experiences and I saw a couple passengers (including myself) get hasseled about carry on luggage size. Understandable...except we were all boarding a connecting flight and just left another AA plane that had no problems holding our luggage. In my experience Southwest flight attendants have been much friendlier.
Sabina Y.
I'm always happy with American Airlines. In general, US Airlines aren't as great as other airlines, but for what it is, I've been very happy. I've always had good service and I feel comfortable. I'm afraid of flying (but unfortunately fly quite often) and the crew has always been very nice, patient and helpful, which has not been my experience on other airlines. The entertainment on board is also usually great.
stephanie d.
Wahiawa, Hi
I flew a few times through American Airlines. I feel they are reliable and not too bad in delays. The merge with United way has been quite confusing as they still act divided if there is an issue with the flight. But luckily dealt with great people when I had an issue. I know it doesn't happen often.
Ashley S.
Metairie, LA
This is my last resort airport when the only other option is united, spirit or frontier (I don't fly on these 3 airlines.) American Airlines is more of your basic 3 star hotel in the sky that doesn't come with much legroom, amenities or perks such as free wifi. They do have movies that they play on most flights. The plane rides can be a bit bumpy too but overall they will get you from point A to point B just fine.
Lala G.
I was pleasantly surprised by what great service we received. Friendly stewards who even read out connecting gate numbers for those who had tight schedules! Amazing
Sophia S.
Unfortunately the first and last time I flew with them... well I didn't really get to fly... they switched my flight times several times leaving me in limbo. Therefore, I made other arrangements with another airlines. However, as soon as I started to board I received yet another notification that the flight wasn't cancelled. Total headache. The positive side, they reimbursed me without question without fees etc.
Alicia C.
Williamstown, NJ
I flew to Venice, Italy using American Airlines the first time I ever flew. I was obviously very nervous and was dreading the fact that I would be in the air for so long. I had a really positive experience on the flight. My seats were moderately comfortable, one of the more comfortable that I've experience. The on-flight food wasn't too bad and the overall experience was pretty positive. I can't say much else!
Kristen W.
Nothing super special about my experiences on their flights, but also nothing horrible. I'm very neutral about this company and don't have too much of an opinion ether way. I do however recommend KLM royal Dutch airlines, and Lufthansa airlines, if you're flying internationally. These airlines were very clean and organized, and my experiences were much better because of the food quality and efficiency of the trips.
Gloria T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I had a short flight with American Airline, maybe for 3 or 4 hours. The plane was really small but they tried to ease us passengers of any burden by helping us put our carry ons in a separate part of the plane. The staff was pleasant and friendly. The only downside was that we didn't have any tv screens in front of us nor did they provide snacks. Perhaps it was a short flight? Overall I'd still fly with them again.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?