BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19900)
Kasha Y.
Chesapeake
American is okay. Their seats are a little uncomfortable and I struggled with paying for an upgrade (I know, who pays for upgrades...but I really needed to sleep so I needed the extra space!) recently and had to call their customer service line after their gate agent couldn't help, customer service then directed me back to the gate agent...ugh. They do have convenient routes for me so I'll inevitably fly them again, and soon!
jetahri d.
I feel like with all the recent airline news, I'm really scared to fly American. Don't get me wrong, every time I fly American, there are great flight attendants, the pilots generally do a good job but I have never been on a nice airplane from american. There is so much to offer now when it comes to flights and usually I avoid American if I can. The prices are better than some but I think it's time to upgrade a little.
JACLYN H.
Dallas, TX
I travel about 3x a month for work internationally. I'm a Platinum member on AA, so the perks are pretty great. The customer service is usually outstanding, but I did have an awful experience with one agent two weeks ago. I will continue to use AA, of course, but that wasn't great. I continue to book AA for all travel, including for all of my employees. We spend about 100k a year on AA, and so far they've been pretty stellar.
Brittany F.
I did not like flying with them..not only was the lady very rude to me when I asked her what "valet for my bag" meant but they advertise so much for their stupid credit card while flying. To the point when they said they'll come around to talk to us about it I just closed my eyes and pretended to sleep.
Wendi B.
Columbia, SC
My one experience with American Airlines was for a work trip.  My coworker and I both chose seats next to one another when we booked our flight but upon our arrival we were just put in random seats nowhere near one another.  No one was physically dragging us from the plane at least but I wasn't pleased.  I've had better experience on other flights.  They did have outlets under the seats to charge devices with which was really nice.
Kendra M.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I fly back and forth between home and school on American a lot, and I've had more bad experiences than good honestly. I've had flights delayed and cancelled with no notice or explanation, I've sat on the runway starving for hours, I've been denied a voucher for a new flight after mine was cancelled, and experienced just poor flights in general. What I will say is that the planes are always clean and never jankey, which is nice.
Betty L M.
Mascoutah, IL
I fly American Airlines often. They always have lots of flights to the places that I want to go and lots of connecting flights so traveling is easy when going on American. They let you upgrade to first class usually for $99. if you check in the day of your flight and they have first class seats available.
Amy B.
If I could give this airline no stars I would. I will NEVER fly American ever again! They have zero customer service and I could not believe how rude and condescending they were. I wish I could say my experience was an exception but sadly poor performance and terrible customer support is the standard American Airlines experience. Fly ANY other airline, don't waste your money on 1 of these flights. NOT worth the hassle!!!
Lindsey M.
Fishers, In
I love booking my flights through AA! I have always encountered a friendly staff with every flight I have taken through them. They always accommodate my 2 year old daughter who hates to fly. I am very appreciative of how easy they try to make it for us Mom's traveling with kids!
Andrea F.
Raytown, MO
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My airline of choice. The flight attendants are always very accommodation and friendly. Generally flights are always on time. The planes are comfortable and I can always get a good nap in. My only complaint is that the last few flights I had didn't offer any snack---pretzels or peanuts with the drinks.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?