American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,890 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
I’d never fly American again. I know not every flight will be like this but they used to give out complementary blankets and I received one with throw up on it. Don’t recommend flying with them
Nothing fancy, nothing terrible. Just a mediocre flight experience. I don’t use often but I found a great price on flight. Friendly staff but don’t think I’ll ever become loyal to this airline.
I dislike delta it was a terrible experience flying out the country both times they lost my luggage 1st trip 2nd trip they gave me literally 2 minutes to get to my gate keep in mind I had to transfer planes 2 min with children isn't enough so the plane left me and I had to wait till the next day for another flight never was compensated nothing I refuse to fly with them ever again.
I've only flown on 4 flights with them this year, but our flight attendants were all amazing. We had no issues, but they did hold the plane for us for about 10 minutes when we were late from our first flight!! Their prices are usually higher than Southwest so I generally fly SW. Also, one of their kinds of plans REALLY messes with my ears, whereas sw's don't.
Like any bus seats...very narrow...the flight I was goinf to take left me (I was pregnant) and I had to wait almost a whole day to take a flight home...it does not have anything where to get entertained and you can feel when its landing (kind of hard) unlike delta.
They do a decent job. I’ve flown on them twice when going to Cancun. Had to stop at their hub in North Carolina. Once on the return trip they had to get a different plane because of a mechanical problem with the first The new plane was half the size and not all our luggage made it home with us. It was brought to our house a few days later, though.
Planes are usually nice and the flights are enjoyable. Only bad experience I had was a flight canceled for mechanical issues and I couldn’t swap tickets to a different airline although United usually let me
If American Airlines doesn’t go there, I’m not going! I’m aware that there are other airlines but it would take an act of God to get me on one. I’m good with American, and they’re good with me.
I LOVE THE SALES ON TICKETS!!! I flew to see my brother in California for $15 LITERALLY $15!!! Flight attendants were kind and the ride itself was decent exceeded expectations for a $15 flight.
Very friendly & helpful staff. Never had an issues getting to where I needed to go. Never lost bags or anything. I would most definitely recommend this airline on your next traveling adventure.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos