BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19870)
Chelsey J.
altoona
I flew with American Airlines the summer of 2017 going from Chicago to Guatemala, with a layover in Miami. I appreciated that there were complimentary snacks/beverages on the trip. On the way home, we had a direct flight from Guatemala to Chicago, this was the first time this flight had happened, because of this, we were given goody bags, more snacks and were given headphones to watch movies for the entire 4 hour flight.
Austin B.
North Wilkesboro
This is a great airline that got me from point A to point B. That’s pretty much all that I can say about it. They do give out complementary drinks and you can purchase food and or drinks including alcohol. Overall this is a good airline company. I was satisfied with my experience on this airline.
Christina B.
Wilmington, DE
Now that American offers the same pricing as other budget airlines with more comfortable seating and better amenities, they have definitely cornered the market in travel. They have a frequent flyer program that (as far as I know) is better than the other low priced airline too.
I would rather have a long flight here in their "budget" seats as opposed to a short flight in the more well known budget airlines.
Adelaide D.
I’ve flown on American Airlines a few times and each time was a pretty good experience. I didn’t have any problems with lost or damaged luggage, oversold planes, or bad customer service. The actual plane was nice with pretty comfortable seating, pleasant flight attendants, and of course my favorite, the snacks! All in all there was nothing absolutely amazing about my experience with them but it was very good!
Sharmese B.
I’ve flown with them maybe a handful of times and more often then not the staff is very nice. There plane tickets can be on the pricey side and don’t really give good deals. You have to buy the tickets way far in advance to even get a semi discount. But I’ve noticed once you fly with them they start sending you deals. Never personally had an issue other them. But I like them there probably my second favorite.
Amanda M.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
American Airlines is our favorite airline to use. I have always loved the rewards program and used it to our advantage when we flew a lot. They are family friendly and we have always encountered amazing employees. The rates are usually the best we have found and they offer so many airports that they fly out of which is nice when you don’t live in larger cities. American Airlines Airline Company
Katie M.
Springfield, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I think American is okay. They do offer functioning WiFi in the air, as well as, complimentary non-alcohol drinks. The staff was pleasant for the most part. My bags did get sent to the wrong airport (a different FL airport) and I had to retrieve them myself to remain on schedule. This was a huge burden and the airline did not offer compensation for my inconvenience. I will likely look elsewhere next time.
Alecia w.
bensalem
I used AMERICAN airlines the other day to travel. I honestly only travel with them because you don’t have to pay for every single thing. You still get your bag of cookies and a drink which a lot of airlines stop doing. You don’t have to pay for your seats and they have comfortable seats. They also have WiFi on most of there planes or movies which is amazing especially when your traveling with little ones.
Alicia B.
Elizabethton
I flew American Airlines for 14 hours to my destination and back. I was happy with my ride. All coach seats are tight and that’s to be expected. The staff was very helpful and friendly as this was my first time flying by myself and not as a group. My only complaint was that the price of the food for the size of the portions and the quality was sometimes way off. I got one item and it wasn’t eatable.
Jessica T.
San Diego, CA
American Airlines isn’t my favorite airline to fly, but it’s definitely not bad! I booked a flight to Japan that was serviced by American Airlines. The flight attendants were extremely attentive and helpful and there was decent leg room for me (keep in mind that I’m 5’1” lol.

The food, however, was definitely more on the bad side. For long flights, just remember to pack snacks so you don’t go hungry!
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?