BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19974)
Kaylee S.
Blythewood, SC
I switched over from Delta to American Airlines and let me tell you, I have never experienced any problems with AA. I've been flying by myself ever since I was 11, and I've never encountered any problems with them. They've always been extremely helpful and friendly to me and they're always my go-to travel source!
Alisha R.
New Rochelle, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I've been consistently flying with American Airlines for nearly 10 years, and am a member of their loyalty program. I appreciate the cleanliness of the aircrafts that I've flown on; and thankfully have always had wonderful baggage service. I do think that their prices are getting a bit absurd these days, and I'm not a fan of having to pay an additional charge for my luggage. Not sure why they switched from having it included in the price.
Nicole E.
Carlsbad, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I remember delays and cramped seating. I did not do my research properly beforehand and learned there were a lot more fees I had to pay once I checked into my flight and that really put a damper on the start of my vacation. God forbid you need to change a flight! They mat overbook your flight and ask you to reschedule no problem but if you ever need to change your flight with no fault to them, you're looking at spending an additional $200.
Brittany S.
Oakland, CA
I fly American almost exclusively. They have consistent service, which is more than most other airlines can claim. I fly about every 3 months, and each time I use AA their flight attendants are very helpful and attentive. I would say the best part about AA is their app. I have used other airlines' apps to check-in and they are either ineffective or crash half way through the process. AA's app is user friendly and has a beautiful interface.
Bhavna D.
Bedford, TX
I fly with American Airlines internationally fairly frequently. Some of their aircrafts are older looking and economy/coach class seats need upgrading (my opinion). Food is blah to say the least and more often than not I have been on a flight without personal entertainment! Most of my flights are 9-10 hours! When I fly most of the staff are a lot older. I will say however, pricing is reasonable depending on what time of the year you book.
Samra C.
Kenosha, WI
This is a good airline company. Great service at a great price. Perfect for domestic traveling within the US. They are respectful towards guests and the cabin crew is often very friendly. I am overall satisfied.
I had a horrible experience in the past where the airplane was stuck at the gate for 1.5 hours with a maintenance issue and because of that, I missed my connecting flight and then I had to sit in the following airport for another 4.5 hours because that was how long before the airline could get me on another flight. The amount of time I spent sitting and going nowhere was equivalent to my plane rides + the shuttles to get me to and fro home.
Marcia A.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I used to fly with them all of the time then switched to Delta. Used them on my last trip and I must say that it was far from pleasant. The flight attendants passed out warm water bottles to everyone due to whatever issue that occurred that wasn't properly planned for. The wifi didn't go on for one of my connections. It was just....I would rather leave at an uncomfortable hour to make a Delta flight versus taking a mid day AA flight again.
Chrisitna F.
Philadelphia, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I fly them dozens of times. I love the new discounted flight options that don’t include a carry-on. Makes them price comparable to Spirit and Frontier but with comfier seats and better service!
Jessica S.
CLARKSVILLE, TN
It's been a while since o have flown AA, and there is a good reason why. American Airlines give a nasty feel, the last time I was on one it had me itching. The food is horrible and to top it off they are very expensive. They should take the money that they take from us and put it to good use. Service your planes!
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?