BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

Reviews (19948)
Diane L.
Lorain, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Though the service provided was wonderful, the flight was brutal. The seats were cramped and uncomfortable, it took forever to get boarded and they lost my luggage. Normally I would let that all go, but every time I tried to get an update on my luggage I had to go through this atrocious automated phone system that never got me to an actual person. It is obvious that the people on the ground care, but upper management needs to start giving them the tools to make it a better experience.
Andrea A.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
By far my favorite airline, though I've only used a few. The service and prices are just something you can't beat. The only reason I give it 4 is because not all planes are the same. I've been on the updated ones with screens on every seat, outlets, and clean windows, and menus but also the older planes without amenities. I wish that was more consistent because those things really make a difference when choosing a flight, but it's not really fair when you don't have any other options.
Mandy C.
Orlando, FL
There was a slight delay to my flight but the airline itself is very professional. The attendants do what they can to accommodate your needs as a flyer and the attendants on my last flight were continually cleaning up trash and taking requests throughout the flight. They were friendly and quick to respond to requests. I would recommend this airline.
Jennifer P.
Leeds, AL
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Very disappointed at the airline. Not family oriented. Traveled with my wife and three kids 3, 4, 7 and they gave us separate seats. After talking to a lady at the gate they where able to seat my wife with two of my kids. However my 4 year old was seated by himself with two other people that he did not know. Finally we have to seat our 3, 4 and 7 years old by themselves. I can't comprehend how American Airlines think within their standards this is safe and not a liability.
Taryn M.
Lansdale, PA
This past summer I flew to Cancun, Mexico with American Airlines. Overall it was a pleasant experience. The flight attendants were very pleasant and made it an enjoyable experience. I kind of wish that the flight offered more food than pretzels, because I cannot stand pretzels. Just a simple switch out for peanuts or something would've been better.
Miranda H.
Kennedale, TX
I really don't care for this airlines but we could usually
Find a good deal or a flight during our desired time frame. We now try to avoid AA and use Virgin as often as possible.
Amanda H.
Holland, MI
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
From my only experience with this airline I would recommend. We boarded our plane & sat on it for an hour before flying & they told us our plane was having fuel problems, so they escorted us off & we were told to talk with a worker of the airline find another flight to our destination. I feel like the airline should have given us a partial refund or free meal or something for the inconvenience. We were supposed to be at our destination 8 hours before we actually got there.
allie b.
I enjoy American Airlines. They provide you with snacks and a drink. Even if you don't fly first class, i believe there is more leg room than some other airlines i have flown before.
Andrea B.
Ocean Springs MS
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
One of the best airlines to travel with. Curteous staff and fabulous customer service. They go above and beyond for their patrons. I would fly this airline over any other. Also, the point system is totally awesome. Would recommend! 10 out of 10!
Jennifer H.
Brooklyn, NY
Last time I flew this airline was not a good experience. The plane was going around in circles because the wings had ice on them for 12 hours!! We were stuck there!! Plus, the stewardess had upgraded me to first class only to have the owner of the seat arrive, and she had given my seat to someone else!! Icing on the cake: my luggage got lost. Never again!!
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?