BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you been in the past Year?4 Answers
  • American Airlines Airline Company would anyone suggest Th...4 Answers
  • Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Fatiha R.
I would give this 500000 stars because I live flying and flying is great cuz I get to go places in awesome planes that go fast on the sky I wish I could fly everyday. I wanna be a pilot.
Claire N.
Oak Lawn, IL
I’ve flown American a handful of times and enjoyed the experience each time. Flights are reasonably priced, the staff was friendly, and the plane was clean/well kept.
Kathleen F.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
My biggest complaint with airplanes these days is how small the seats are and how packed the planes are. I wish planes look like I've seen in pictures from the 60s, where there was wide open space for people to actually relax. Now, every airline packs everybody in like sardines, the seats get smaller, the legroom get shorter, the space gets tighter and the trips feel longer!
Heather S.
Chocowinity, NC
I had high hopes for American Air but was overall dissatisfied. The customer service was merely okay. Cons of flying with American Air was that I had the gate changed on me twice without notification and almost missed my flight. I vowed to never fly with them again after my complaints were not heard out. I have also had friends fly with them and they too were dissatisfied.
Jennifer E.
Troy, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I would not recommend this airline to anyone. I purchased a ticket for my husband and explained to them that it was a gift and wasn't a 100% sure if he was going to be able to go. They encouraged me to purchase the insurance policy so I could get a refund in the case he couldn't use the ticket. Well come yo fine out he couldn't get the time off from work. Put the claim into the insurance company and come to find out THEY REFUSED TO REFUND MY MONEY FOR THE TICKET! They said his job wasn't a good enough excuse! Yeah will NEVER buy again!
Michelle P.
Philadelphia, PA
Firstly, the customer service was nice. I booked through Priceline, but was able to go to the website to pick my seats and upgrade to ones with more leg room. When the website would only let me upgrade one seat and not the second I had to give them a call, but I got a prompt response and a very courteous woman got me set up quickly and without fuss. No delays in the airport or on the tarmac. The only complaint I have is one that will probably fall on any airline these days...no leg room unless you pay extra.
Duyen C.
Forest Grove, OR
I used American Airlines to fly on my latest trip to Central America and found them to be pretty average. The flights seemed to be delayed often though. On my trip back home to the states, my flight was delayed for 2 hours so I called and asked for sooner flight. They had great costumer service and switched the flight for me but then that flight was delayed as well. Of course costumer service didn't know that would be the case but I ended up waiting longer for the switched flight than my original flight.
Lyn O.
Flying isn't a joy like it used to be. Overall, I have had some terribly experiences with AA recently. I called and cancelled a flight and they didn't finish processing it so when I called in again the women was EXTREMELY rude to me. Like I've never had an interaction with someone like that and did have to ask for a supervisor who sorted everything out. A week later after having our flights cancelled and delayed all trip, we spent a disgusting night in the AA hotel in Charlotte, which I would never recommend.
Ana G.
linden
Don't normally fly American but I was forced to as United rebooked me after a hurricane kept us from our layover destination. American was uncooperative with seating me with my partner during check in and looked to charge us an overweight fee for luggage that we had already ok'd with united. Normally I would not be concerned about the luggage if we had originally booked with American but as I mentioned, this was not under our control and extenuating circumstances should've been considered when trying to charge us.
Mandy C.
Murfreesboro, TN
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Every time I fly with American a flight is changed or a plane is changed. I have a terrible fear of smaller planes and always make sure that when we book a flight we are on a standard 747. On a flight back from Miami we were informed our flight time and plane had changed. We ended up on an American Eagle flight instead, which is a company owned by AA. The plane was tiny and had one flight attendant who sat on the floor front of the aisle of seats and ate a sandwich in front of us.
Very unreliable and overpriced.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?