BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19975)
Jonna C.
Indianapolis, IN
Ive always liked American. Of the big three, I waffle between Delta and American being my favorite. I don't like transferring at DFW, because it seems more laid out as an easy in and out airport, so when you transfer you often have to walk a long way -- not good for close connections when you carried everything on. And with DFW as their home base, that's a strike against AA. But can't think of any other stand out strikes other than they aren't as cheap or friendly as SWA -- but then again, who is?
Chandler H.
We had a great experience with using American Airlines abroad!! We spent three weeks in Asia, flying to 4 different countries, and booked most of the trip with our AA miles. It was awesome because AA is a part of the "one world alliance" so we could use our miles to book trips on Air Asia and Dragon Air. I would definitely recommend AA with flying to Asia!
tiffanycarr31
Canal Fulton
I have flown AA countless times and have always been treated fairly. There have been times where there were delays or cancellations and they always came up with a suitable solution.
Idrialis C.
Doral, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
As American Airlines is a very big company you'll always find they have the flight you're looking for, sometimes the price is on a good deal, others is really expensive. But the reason I'm giving it two stars it's because they always have issues with baggage, (they've lost mine twice), the in flight crew is not as gentle and kind as the crew of some other airlines....
Casey C.
Dallas, TX
I live in the DFW area and this Texas-based airline is the worst choice for any quality travel coming or going. AA terminals are old, dirty and filled with bitter employees and customers ninety percent of the time. The seats are built for primary schoolers and at 6'2" there is no such thing as a comfortable seat on this airline. Use anyone else. You might get there, and back home, on time and travel with a company that cares more about a passenger than the dollar amount they spent on the ticket.
Mikayla M.
Millville, NJ
I have only had a couple bad experiences flying with American Airlines. Most of the time, the crew is very friendly and helpful and the plane itself is clean and orderly. The only time I had an issue was once when I opened my tray table, and it appeared as if someone had vomited on it, and it hadn't been cleaned.....before a 7 hour flight. I was told that it could not be cleaned, as we were already mid flight and there were no available seats for me to sit in while the table was cleaned.
Juliya G.
Bowling Green, KY
I had BEYOND TERRIBLE service on an overseas flight, the stewardess was exceedingly mean and talked back to me and then threw my food at my table when it came time for dinner. If it wasn't for the $500 voucher I got for the rudeness of this woman I would have given this rating an F. I am glad that the corporate office did appease me and helped the situation.
Lauline G.
I have been flying American Airlines recently and haven't had the best experiences. I mean in terms of the flight, the staff on the plane is really friendly and accommodating. However, I have noticed so many canceled flights and lack of communication as to why they cancel my flights and delay the flights which is frustrating. It shouldn't take me 9 hours to wait for a 2-hour flight.
Vanessa G.
Los Angeles, CA
American Airlines... American Airlines... I really wish I would give them 5 stars, but something always happens that makes me hate them even more. But I remain loyal because I am a reward member, and have been one since 2004. I get many benefits from being part of the American Advantage program, but overall they are rude a lot of the time, and I always run into issues with my flights being delayed, cancelled, or just uncomfortable. They still get 3 stars, because I am still loyal, but not by choice!
Elizabeth A.
Albany
I flew using American Airlines just a few weeks ago and the service was absolutely wonderful. There was some confusion on our end on whether or not we had to leave the plane because we didn't receive another ticket for a connecting flight and a representative calmly explained everything. All the staff members we came into contact with seemed professional.The plane ride was smooth and we arrived at all of our destinations a few minutes early. American Airlines is definitely my favorite way to fly.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?