BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19976)
Fatima T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I do not like this airline, mostly because their customer service is just HORRIBLE. I travel from Asia to America and visa verse and the long flight with rude flight attendants, and even ruder people at the gate just makes for a very uncomfortable flight. The plane entertainment system is cheap and unbearable for a long flight. The only reason I must use them is if my flight has a change of plane. It is very disappointing when you spend so much money on a ticket and they can't even be polite when you are traveling for more than 10 hours, even if you are in economy.
Michelle L.
Trail Creek, IN
I flew them when I went on vacation and they were the airline I used when I headed to my destination. When my flights home got messed up due to a delay in one of my flights, the staff at the 800 number were completely amazing and so helpful. They got me transferred from their airlines to United in order to still get me home the same night that I was supposed to be getting home and they saved me quite a headache.
Yvonne C.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I use to love flying American Airlines but due to outrageous increase in tickets I no longer fly American. Tge crazy thing about this airline is they do not consider Canada an international flight but more like domestic. Skymiles are a joke now good luck trying to get any of your frequent miles even after providing this joke of an airline your proof of purchases. Everything requires a fee to speak to anyone on the phone to help you make a change for a flight or a purchase. Oh and no over tge phone customer service for advantage members disputing any miles not posted.
Esther C.
Just came back from Turks and Caicos in American and I cannot complain! The plane was nice and clean the staff was super friendly and funny. I love that our plane had movies to kill time on the way to the island; not so happy that it didn't have a TV on the way back home but other than that my flight was perfect. I travel with AA probably about 3-4 times a year and till this day have not had an issue with them :)
Megan R.
The tickets were pretty affordable but the seats weren't that comfortable or clean. I felt like the flight attendants were just annoyed and rushed, they didn't seem to have a lot of patience with any one (which makes sense when you do what they do, but it didn't make anyone's trip more enjoyable). I wouldn't fly with them if I could help it. But a good ticket price is a good ticket price and I won't fight that!
Alaa A.
Chicago Ridge, IL
The first time I flew with american was last war for a trip to Italy. I loved the flight attendants and the pilots, they were so welcoming and accommodating. It made the long flight so much easier.
Sydney R.
Tuscaloosa, AL
Flight from Birmingham to Dallas was as smooth as it could have been. The flight was overbooked, but it wasn't a problem for me as I am a platinum rewards member. Flight back to Birmingham from Dallas was an absolute nightmare as my flight got cancelled and AA was not able to A) refund my flight and B) get me on a flight for 3 days. Would recommend, but be wary as they can drop the ball a lot of the time.
Judlyn T.
Corp Christi, TX
Service is OK and the flights are usually on time. However, I've encountered several rude and unhelpful flight attendants and the snacks could be more substantial, especially for longer flights.
Maggie G.
Pittsburgh, PA
I have an American Airlines credit card, which I got to earn miles and perks. However, after only having the card for a year, they changed credit card companies and while I still earn miles, I no longer get perks, like the VIP lounge. Since we have miles, we still use American, but their customer service is not very good. We recently bought a direct flight, only to be bumped to another flight with a 1 stop layover. No money back, even though we splurged on the direct flight. I still use them, but which we lived closer to a delta or southwest hub.
member-91b5b
Great service. Super smooth trip and felt super fast. The seats all had a tv with great movies. I got to watch so many newly released movies that the flight just flew by ( no pun intended there)
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?