BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19880)
member-83968
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
If I have any other option, I will not chose American. Their customer service keeps dropping. Flight delays, cancelled flights, broken aircraft make for delays, missed connections and miserable waits.
Teresa L.
Tempe , AZ
AA always has the most high tech flights I have been on. There are always personal screens in front of each seat where you can watch movies, tv shows (foreign too!), listen to music, and play games. The seats at small but cozy. The staff is always happy and friendly. However my biggest problem with AA is that they ALWAYS have delays and cancelled flights. If you're going to Dallas, your flight is probably going to be delayed.
Vidushi G.
Quite an efficient airline, they're effective and convenient. The availability of flights is good and can get you from point A to Z. Not many frills but it has what you need.
Crystal M.
Bakersfield, CA
I fly quite a few times a year and the staff makes it most convenient and comfortable to fly American Airlines. I love the munchies offered for purchase and get a tad excited when I get the exit row but the staff is definitely most pleasant to deal with. The chairs aren't the best in the world but they are just fine for a couple hour flight. I would say overall I would fly American any day given the availability for what I need.
Heather M.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I loved flying American Airlines and dealing with their customer service representatives! I've booked many flights on-line, but also have booked many over the phone. I coordinated flights for the executive team and sales team for a multi-million dollar company for years through American. I also used them when I flew myself. I had great experiences with refunds, transferring tickets, booking tickets, smooth travel, luggage arrival, etc., etc. I can't say how much I've always appreciated the helpfulness of everyone I've dealt with at American, whether in the skies or on the phone!
Danielle J.
Greenville, NC
I recently moved to Greenville, North Carolina from Long Beach, California last month and I recommend using American Airlines every time. Their service is great, the rewards program is a favorable way to collect points, and their app helps me not forget that I have a flight coming up. To me personally, they have the best price in my opinion. I had a smooth ride and was offered complimentary beverages as a normal convenience on their part. I am planning a trip to Rochester, New York in December to attend a wedding and I have booked a flight with American Airlines as well.
Lisa S.
Davison, MI
I fly American Airlines internationally, and I thought they were NEVER going to upgrade their fleet of bigger planes. However, on my last two trips, I finally got put on some newer planes, and each seat was equipped with the personal entertainment center on the back of the chair in front of you. The food leaves something to be desired, but most airlines aren't serving up gourmet meals. Their customer service is decent (got a $200 voucher when a suitcase was delayed for 2 days), but could have been better. The one good thing is that my flights have always gotten in on time.
Clarissa M.
American Airlines Airline Company  vs  Southwest Airlines  have been flying with AA my entire life. I really love the assigned seating - it makes traveling stress-free especially if you're with a group. Customer service is alright for the most part, DFW ticketing agents at the gate could be nicer. My least favorite part is the bag check fee. That's where Southwest has AA beat. If I know I'm checking a bag, I'm flying Southwest.
Marie J.
Commack, NY
American Airlines is average at best in my experience. More often than not, I've had problems - sometimes minor, some have cost me days of my trip. Once in a blue moon I get a helpful and pleasant customer service agent. Usually, I'm unlucky enough to get an incompetent person who makes a bad situation worse. I try not to use AA unless it's really the only option because my experience thus far have been underwhelming.
Margie C.
When my family travels we always try to book American Airlines whenever possible! We have always had good experiences with them. Extremely helpful if we have ever had problems and very nice staff =D
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?