American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,894 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
I recently traveled for business and had no delays in my flight, and the crew was helpful and polite. I recommend American and will be using again myself in March.
I recently had a not so great experience. Aside from losing a connecting flight due to a delay, they sent us to another airport where they had no AA counter with a connection flight impossible to make since it was international travel. We were stranded for a full day and were unable to leave till the next morning. Had to pay accommodations and transportation, and lost money on our actual destination accommodations/ flight. It was a mess! I wrote an email and all they did was add a few miles to my account which are useless! I can’t even get a domestic one-way. I lost a day and a half of travel and ended up spending way more than I bargained for.
American Airlines is one of the better airlines for domestic travel in America, however for anything international I would suggest finding yourself another company.
I’ve flown with American Airlines once and my experience was okay. Nothing to complain about. Got from point A to point B. Definitely could have had more leg space.
I love their prices for quick getaways. I use them when I can't get a deal with other airlines and they are the best when it comes to connections in other airports.
American Airlines is hands down one of the best airlines I have ever flown. They definitely set the industry standard for what an airline experience should be like.
For the most part the flight itself was good, the attendants were nice. The flight was on time and I didn't have any problems making my connections. My only complaint was when I needed to put my bag in the overhead. They let me board early because I had a doctors note since my arms were in braces and was still healing my 2 broken wrists and broken elbows. The attendants saw me struggling but never offered assistance. A fellow passenger helped me. The second flight I asked an attendant to help me and she told me they were not supposed to but did it anyways. I see attendants handle bags all the time.
The baggage fees still hurt your pockets. Not a big fan of them much anymore due to them not letting people with infants or small children board first. Delta does!!
I was directed to American Airlines from a cancelled flight on a sister airline. The staff was all very friendly and very helpful. I would definitely fly with AA again.
I used this company a few years ago to fly from NC or OK. I had so many issues and wasn't supposed to make it to OK on schedule. But they did what they could and I ran through the airports whenever I landed somewhere to get on the flight that was leaving as soon I was scheduled to get there. They opened a door for me on one flight in TX and I was able to get to OK the same day I was scheduled to. So even though it was a stressful experience, it was good. They were accommodating.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos