American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,920 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
American Airlines is ok, my only problem is that many of their international planes are outdated and so the Individual TVs are glitchy and don't work very well at all.
They’re customer service could get better and the seats on the plane itself are only made for extremely thin people making the bigger almost forced to buy a second seat
This airline had been my go-to when flying to another destination. Customer service was always good and I never had any issues with my flights before, during, or after.
I've been using American for a while now, and they have been messing up our flights for a while, my flights have been changed and cancelled last minute for a long time
I used to love this company, now it's just mostly blah. Customer service is not what it used to be however it is comfortable, and way better than most airlines out there
My last flight with American Airlines was the worst flight I have ever been on. We had fully boarded the plane and the flight crew could not get the plane door to shut. After over an hour of trying and having a mechanic look at the door, they made everyone leave the plane. We waited in the terminal for another 2 hours while another mechanic looked at the door. In the meantime, most every passenger had missed their connecting flight. The staff was not helpful in getting people re-booked for different connecting flights. They finally flew a plane in from another airport and got the plane in the air over 6 hours late. Our baggage was lost due to all the trouble as well.
Not a huge fan of American Airlines. They are better than some but they will never be my first choice. They have TVs which is nice. Their customer service isn’t the best.
I’ve flown with this company over a many of years. It’s headquarters is in Texas so a lot of the connections are through there. The staff is typically very respectful.
I travel mostly overseas, service is always friendly and helpful. In flight service is always provided for free and I never that any issues with seating or lost luggage
I believe that with you get what you pay for and with American Airlines it's pretty obvious right away why the plane ticket was so cheap. I've flown with AA both nationally and internationally on several occasions and while I have nothing particular to right home about the experience it is certainly good service and they get you where you want to go. The price is so low for a reason, an out of date cabin with very few amenities. Cheap is cheap and I don't complain about what I get with a good deal.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos