BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19995)
Bianca C.
Indio, CA
I love flying with American but don’t like that u have to pay for extra baggage but everything else is amazing I love flying with them and sometimes they have the best deals
Victoria F.
I think southwest spoils their passengers with your first bag checked for free. Also, as an individual gang travels with a child, I love that southwest will check the stroller and car seat with self tag prior to going thru the gate!
Carol H.
Johns Creek
Love American Airlines, I have been flying with them and have been an AAdvantage  member for many years. We love the customer service while onboard and at check in.
Leighanna C.
I love America Airlines, the service is always great everyone is always so nice when traveling with strangers it helps if the employees are nice and that is always the case.
Glenda N.
Mt Pleasant, SC
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I go so back and forth with AA. Originally from Phoenix, I have flown US Airways my whole life and have accumulated many miles with them.... Thus, when AA purchased US Airways several years ago, I remained a loyal customer and gave AA a chance. Their phone app is not too user friendly, especially compared to US Airways. Since the merger, I have noticed a significant decrease in percentage of on-time flights. AA does offer a "snack" on board, though it is usually just a cookie. Waiting for them to step up like Jet Blue and Delta.
Cass A.
Orange, CA
I love flying with American air, all their staff are really friendly and truly bend over backwards to make you have the best experience. they helped me out with my late check in and got me on the flight!
Mary A.
My mom uses American Airlines every year to fly from Miami to New York, and fortunately she makes it to La Guardia airport safe and in one piece within approximately 3 hours, (give or take), if there are no significant delays before/during the flight. I have not gone on an airplane since I was 2 years old, (pre-9/11), so I'm not sure what to expect from the airline personally, or how it has changed since 2001, but if my mom, (who is very picky and OCD), has no problem with it I'm sure it's a great airline to use when flying.
Daniel S.
Los Angeles, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Honestly, customer service is bad and the planes are outdated with high fees for everything. I rarely fly with American due to their lack of innovation and customer service.
Francesca T.
Fairfax, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I've uses AA a handfull of times and only had 1 trip where I did not experience something negative.

Customer service is extremely terrible, especially in DMV area. From losing baggage, to delayed flights, to extremely rude ticket agents, I don't have much to say that is positive about them other than they fully refunded my expenses and baggage handling fee after mishandling/losing my bag for several days.

The lower priced ticket is definitely not worth the hassle. I can only hope your experiences with them are not as bad as mine.
Kerrigan C.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We had a horrible experience with another airline and they got us to our destination safely and quickly! Their customer service was fantastic and welcoming. I will use them again.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?