American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,960 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
A lot of delays and too much of not notifying customers. Other than that it's been an okay ride with AA. If you're going to travel close by, fly out in the evening it's so much better.
American Airlines is slightly better than all the big carrier airlines. However, they can be costly in regards to their tickets. Their service is standard, but there is nothing special about it. I would usually take their airline when there is a sale.
I didn't have any issues flying with American Airlines. Luckily I had the window seat so it was a smooth ride that I got to sleep through. They also give out snacks which is a plus !!!
American airlines is the first airline that I ever traveled on alone. I live in California and my dad lived in New York at the time. The stewardess were so sweet. I remember crying because I was scared not being with my mom or anyone that I knew so they took really good care of me they stayed and talked with me they gave me my little golden wings pendent and checked on me quite a bit. They made sure I got to the right place and then to my dad so my experience with American Airlines when I was 6 was great! I'm almost 28 now so I'm not sure how much they've changed since then but based off that ride I would recommend it.
My favorite company to fly with. They are very nice and welcoming and cater to your every needs while on flight. Their check in system is fast and the planes themselves are in great condition. I have no complaints except for leg space is a bit tight.
I fly American primarily for business and am disgusted with their new loyalty program paramaters now that you have to spend $3-$9k in addition to flying miles. absolutely terrible!!!
This air line pretty much great I mean amazing I love they way they help the people they keep you in touch of what ever have to do with the air flight I use it once a year but love the trips
Have had a great experience with AA, there are the great planes, the decent planes and the ones that make you question your safety at times. I love how on longer trips they are more accommodating and the staff is so nice. On our way to our honeymoon, we taxied for over 30 minutes and had to run to our next flight in Dallas. We didn't have time to eat or anything. I hadn't eaten all day and the staff was handing out small snacks and I asked a flight attendant if there was anything else I could have. He gave me a food box for free after finding out I hadn't eaten all day. It was a great act of kindness on his part and made the plane ride to Cancun much better!
I have had a wonderful experience with this airline. The employees were kind and pleasant. My luggage arrived on time and unharmed. My flights are rarely delayed but even if so, I’m given plenty of notice and made comfortable. I would definitely fly this airline again!
Very comfortable planes! Love the screens on the back of every seat to give you options to play games,watch movies or tv shows or follow the plane along its route! Will absolutely fly again!
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos