American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,976 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
Spacious cabin, economy is not too crammed, and the flight was smooth. They also provided food for overnight flights which was nice. Expensive but not unpleasant by any means. I felt safe and comfortable.
American is such a large company it's sure to be full of kinks. I think a solid 25-50% of the time I fly with them, my flight is delayed. But they have good deals and are worth the wait!
Never had any problems with AA only reason I gave them 4 instead of 5 stars is because on international flights they make you pay for alcohol. Lol The other airlines include it for free.
I usually travel delta or jet blue but on our latest trip to Brazil we had to plan quick and AA was the cheapest with the dates we needed. big mistake! wish we had just paid more! The planes were old with no amenities like seatback screens exc on a 12 hour flight that seemed crazy, the planes where all run down and dirty (we took 3 different planes each way) and the staff was horrible! I have never seen such poor customer service when traveling and this seemed to be the normal for AA considering not one flight attendant was personable on any of our 6 flights! never again, back to Delta I go!
For the most part, my experiences with American as of late have been very good. It seems that they’ve made a consistent effort to improve their customer experience and customer service.
pretty good. the planes don't have a lot of leg room but they do have there own special tv for everyone. i don't usually go on american but if i have to i will before some other airlines
I have used AA many times in the past for my vacations. It has been a while and I am returning to them in the next few weeks for a vacation. I am very certain it will be a great flight!
Not the best and not the worst. I don't go out of my way to fly with them but if they are the cheapest or only option I will fly with them without too many choice words leaving my mouth!
I’ve always had a wonderful experience flying with this airline. They’ve always made my flights very welcoming and enjoyable. The staff is very attentive and cares about their customers.
American is great! Nothing too awful. Prices are questionable at times and the flight attendants have a history of being testier than other airlines but it hasn’t been unbearable at all!
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos