American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,962 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
As with any airline company, it's hit or miss! It definitely depends on the cabin crew. I do really love the little snacks they give, but every flight I've ever been on has been overbooked and cramped and I almost ALWAYS have to check on my carry on, which is really annoying!
This was my first time flying on American Airlines. All of the flight attendant made sure the passengers were comfortable during the duration of the flight. I look forward to flying with them again.
Where do I begin...my husband and I flew American Airlines for our honeymoon to Orlando. It was a disaster. We purchased seats together and they split us up on every leg of the trip. When we went to talk to the gate agent about it in hopes that it was a simple mistake, she did not bother helping us and was extremely rude. She didn't give us any advice on what to do and shooed us away, and trust me, we were extremely kind and patient. And that was only one issue out of the many...I will never fly American Airlines again. I wouldn't ever recommend them to anyone; they have terrible customer service.
I have been on American airlines before. It has been along time ago but I do remember that I never had an issue with them. It was an airplane nothing special. Got me where I needed to go.
Not the best not the worst but it gets me where I need to go so I guess I can't complain much but I will definitely improve in the cleanliness of the bathrooms but the staff is really nice
One of the best airlines I have ever flown on. I have flown multiple times in the past few years across the US and they have always been kind and always asked if I was combfortable.
For years I would only fly Jet Blue but this past vacation to the Dominican Republic we flew American because it was cheaper. They were awesome! Although a few our connecting flights were delayed, the staff was amazing and the seats were comfortable.
It seems that American Airlines often has delays and unforeseen problems that causes more frustration than anything else. I try to avoid flying American Airlines if at all possible.
Prices are kind of outrageous sometimes but have not had a problem yet! I know I can trust AA when I get on a flight and they are very attentive to email you about your flight times, etc.
Using them for our flight next month, have used them before. Upset one of our travelers got booked in a separate seating area than everyone else due to a "mixup" which isn't the first time this has happened.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos