American Airlines Airline Company
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
My experience this airline had been a hassle. I went on a missions trip and due to weather our flight got moved three times which is understandable for safety. The issue came that when we made it back to Miami from Haiti to catch our connection fight we had to run to try to make it. Half our team made it and the other they would not let us in once they closed the door. They didn't leave till 30 minutes after they closed the door!! The team that did make it said there were plenty of empty seats! They told us they had no more space! We had to try and get another flight out. The customer service desk was not cooperative and wouldn't accommodate our group. They did not even want to accommodate for us having to miss our flight and had no place to go. Eventually after speaking to several managers they gave us hotel rooms for our group.
My only concern with American Airlines is how they handle the luggage especially those on connecting international flights. They have lost my luggage a couple of times and it's very inconvenient.
Never had any issues while flying AA. Aside from an occasional delay due to weather which I’m totally okay with - the staff are always friendly and pilots keep me at ease with take offs and landings.
I flew on American Airlines in 2008 to Minnesota and it was fine! Although we did go in turbulence while I was trying to pee LOL. But the flight attendants took me back to my seat with my family and everything was fine
MY 2nd FAVE AIRLINE COMPARED TO JETBLUE :) AA needs more leg space but overall amazing airline! Dinner on the plane was sooo yummy! I don’t know why people complain about airplane food because AA feels like a 5 star restaurant lol!
I hate that their flights are always delayed and that you have to pay for every bag checked. It's a little comfortable that you get to pick your leg room and they have a lot of straight flights.
This is our go to airline! We use it every time we have to fly. I love how the employees are kind and treat costumer with respect. We use this airline already twice a year. Overall they are amazing!
I typically fly coach and American is pretty standard as far as coach goes. You get a bag and a carry on Free and you get to choose your seat. There is WiFi though for obvious reasons it’s not the fastest.
Rude staff, no compensation on weather-related cancellation and bad customer service. I was surprised as my first flight with them went well, but the rudeness of their staff on my way back was appalling.
I’ve always had a great experience with this company. Tickets are easy to book and the flight staff is always professional and kind. I don’t fly often but when I do I prefer them. I totally recommend!
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos