American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,905 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
Could be a better airline. Seats aren't spacious and are very uncomfortable. Staff is always super nice and accommodating. Airline could give us more than one bag of pretzels during long flights!
Just got back from a trip using AA and it was okay. Staff wasn't really friendly but they weren't rude either. If you asked them a question they were dismissive but it was a smooth ride and I'd take AA again if I had to
I have flown American airlines multiple times and have not yet been disappointed as far as I can remember. Flying is important to me because I live far from home and try and visit as often as I can.
I always have a hit or miss experience. Hit or miss customer service. Hit or miss pricing. Hit or miss on flight attendants, baggage, whether its domestic or international. It's never consistent.
Flying is just not fun anymore, but if you need to do it then I would recommend American Airlines if for no other reason than flight was uneventful. Flight attendants were effective and flight was smooth.
They are the worst airline I have flown. Really rude customer service practices from the checkin agent all the way to the stewardesses. They are even worse when you fly internationally with them.
I flew on American Airlines in 2008 to Minnesota and it was fine! Although we did go in turbulence while I was trying to pee LOL. But the flight attendants took me back to my seat with my family and everything was fine
Custom service can sometimes be questionable for people of color, but all other policies are equitable. Comfortable seats, complimentary bag check, a snack and smooth ride. They also have an app that is easy to use and makes flying easier! Reduces paper use and risk of losing Ticket.
My only concern with American Airlines is how they handle the luggage especially those on connecting international flights. They have lost my luggage a couple of times and it's very inconvenient.
I use to fly a lot in undergrad and it was with American Airlines. I never had any problems with them. I've flown to and from Detroit to Louisiana many times in the past. I would Definitely recommend it.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos